2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Riddle me this

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 04:33 PM
Starting Member
Tuna is on a distinguished road
Default Riddle me this

It appears that I have successfully installed the MPFI spider; however, I have this small nut leftover. All the studs and brackets seem secure. Does anyone know where this nut belongs? Could it be there is a double nut connection somewhere that I missed?
(I am attaching a picture of this and have never tired to attach a picture, so I hope this works.)

Attached Thumbnails Riddle me this-img_0882.jpg  
Old 02-20-2014, 04:48 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I bet you have the throttle/cruise cable support bracket on under the special bolt/stud on the front of the throttle body. The support bracket (the one that goes towards the driver side of the engine) is supposed to go onto the stud portion of the fastener in the front of the throttle body.

Take a look at the illustrations found in steps 9 & 10 of the How to remove Throttle Body 2nd Gen 4.3 tech article.

This picture also shows the one bolt/stud fastener that goes into the front of the throttle body (although it is not what the arrow is pointing towards ):

Attached Thumbnails Riddle me this-mxiga003aro_gm_intake_manifold.jpg  
Old 02-20-2014, 07:00 PM
Starting Member
Red face Stud nut problem

I thought I did that one right, but the picture will help. I'll get back to you on that asap.

I thought I was doing good with only one part left over.

Old 02-20-2014, 07:10 PM
Starting Member
Wink Nut problem

Just reviewed the "How to....Throttle Body" link. Excellent! Wish I had seen this before, but I am just starting to get a feel for how awesome you guys are, and how much I suck at computers.

Go USA!

Crap! Damn Canadians. Who thought they had women who knew anything about pucking?

Old 02-21-2014, 08:52 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Tuna
Just reviewed the "How to....Throttle Body" link. Excellent! Wish I had seen this before, but I am just starting to get a feel for how awesome you guys are, and how much I suck at computers.

Go USA!

Crap! Damn Canadians. Who thought they had women who knew anything about pucking?
That was an INTENSE game. I was at work when it was on and we had a "team meeting" in the lunch room to watch the OT period. I thought the American women had it in the bag. Either of those women's teams would give any NHL team a run for their money.

Last edited by El_Beautor; 02-21-2014 at 08:55 AM.