2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Rough Start

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 06:36 PM
Beginning Member
Dfretty is on a distinguished road
Default Rough Start

Sometimes when i start my 1999 blazer it starts rough like the whole truck shakes.... kinda studders then clears its throat after a couple seconds. Other times it starts just fine with no shake at all. I have tried to start it a couple times and it takes two or three trys before it runs. I hate when it shakes and it does that more than starting smoothly. Please help someone has to of had or has the same issue!
Thanx

Old 08-31-2010, 06:58 PM
bulwaagh is on a distinguished road

I have a similar issue with mine, not as extreme, but its gotta be with fuel delivery. Check the sticky about 96+ Fuel System Diagnosis

Old 08-31-2010, 07:14 PM
Beginning Member

I dont know where to start! that page made me think of all of the possabilitys. Fuel pump, Fuel filter,..... If anyone can help US out let US know please! The truck doesnt shake like an earth quake but it does shake pretty noticably.

Old 08-31-2010, 07:17 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You could start at step 1 and work your way down... That link will point you in the right direction, but YOU have to diagnose the issue.

Old 08-31-2010, 07:46 PM
Beginning Member

I will just start replacing parts if nothing else! I could do the smart thing and take it to the shop but that is no fun. Once again if anyone has any links or ideas let us know! Thank You

Old 08-31-2010, 08:00 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

What part of the link provided are you having trouble with? If you want to eliminate possibilities, you have to do the diagnosis... We're here to answer any questions you have, but the least you can do is try what is being suggested. But one thing is for sure, no one here can force you to listen. The choice is yours.

Old 08-31-2010, 08:07 PM
bulwaagh is on a distinguished road

lead a horse to water, but can't make him drink....

I'm not throwing $300+ parts at a problem without diagnosing it myself, esp with a $16 pressure test kit

Last edited by bulwaagh; 08-31-2010 at 08:09 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:24 PM
Starting Member
Ck1500 is on a distinguished road

be carefull if thats the 16 dollar harbor freight gauge... it tends to leak, and not as accurate as others.. just a FYI!!!! and yes i can attest to it, i bought a nice craftsmen pressure gauge, and i threw the HF away... but you might be lucky... i for one... am rarely lucky

hope this helps

Ck1500

Old 08-31-2010, 09:22 PM
Beginning Member

I am sorry for offending you if i did! Your link would be alot of help to someone who has alot of tools and mechanical know how. I will take it into the shop and have them take a look! I was just curious if anyone else had this problem and fixed it by replacing the fuel pump or something relatively simple that i would be able to fix myself! Thanks alot for all of your help bud and once again i didn't mean to insult you.

Old 09-01-2010, 07:02 AM
Administrator

I'm not offended at all. A little confused by your logic. Let me get this straight... You would rather replace a $300 pump instead of buying a $30 fuel pressure tester? Makes sense... A fuel pressure tester is really the only tool required for the test suggested above. The pump can be "commanded on" by simply removing the relay and placing a jumper across the switched terminals. But hey, good luck with the shop!

Quick Reply: Rough Start