2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

runs like s**t and st-st-stutters!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 07:07 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I would say that you should try to flush the block, radiator & heater core with water first to see how that goes. If you want something more aggressive, go with an actual cooling system flush chemical rather than soda...

Then start looking for the leak cause there is one somewhere that has allowed air into the system.

Old 12-18-2009, 05:41 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by swartlkk
I would say that you should try to flush the block, radiator & heater core with water first to see how that goes. If you want something more aggressive, go with an actual cooling system flush chemical rather than soda...

Then start looking for the leak cause there is one somewhere that has allowed air into the system.
i waskinda weary of the whole "Coke" flush-and such a waste, IMO! hahahahaha.

you think air contaminated the coolant, causing this "sludge"? 'cause i sure don't see any traces of coolant leaks anywhere-unless it's @ the back of the engine...........

personally, i think it was just the lady who owned the truck (since new) before me. i had my friend @ GM look into the service history on the truck, where she bought it. even though there were current records right up to the Fall before i bought it, once it was out of warrenty, she did the bare minimum-at best-for the health of the truck.

Old 12-18-2009, 05:53 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Even something as simple as a bad radiator cap can allow air into the system. Once air is in the system, it can rust the metal. I can get into the reasons why, but do not want to pull this thread off topic.

Old 12-18-2009, 06:48 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

funny that you mentioned the rad cap. i just replaced it last week when i did the thermostat-noticed that it had little spring pressure to it.

what was the stuff you were refering to for the flush? i'll take a guess it's a GM product?

Old 12-18-2009, 06:57 PM
Administrator

There are several different brands. Prestone has their flush kit that makes it somewhat easy to do.

Old 12-18-2009, 09:06 PM
BEI
BEI is on a distinguished road

have you checked the range on your tps

Old 12-19-2009, 10:31 AM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by BEI
have you checked the range on your tps
have you read through the whole thread?

i know you're new to the site, but please do before posting a reply (read it all, and you'll see what i'm getting @).

Old 12-22-2009, 11:53 AM
bigdaddykane93 is on a distinguished road

preston makes a 10 minute super flush and also a 3 to 6 hour super cleaner.....i only tryed to 10 minute one becuasei cant leave regulator straight water in my radiator for long with these cold temperatures here...

Old 12-22-2009, 04:57 PM
BF Guru

thanks for the info bdk, i'll check it out.

Old 05-09-2010, 01:46 PM
Beginning Member
hemivette is on a distinguished road

Rather than Coke, try using Vinager, It eats the rust and corrosion, without the sticky burnt on sugar mess.