2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

s-10

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 06:11 PM
Starting Member
scottnettles is on a distinguished road
Default s-10

Hey all; hope info can be helpful to all , got a 16 year old and a 2002 blazer with 180,ooo miles and guess what, mud/ 16 year old/, mud +.water/= in 4 low, how do I get it out of of 4 low to 2 hi? then I will tell him if he does it again he has no transportation.

Old 03-21-2011, 06:27 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

More info is necessary.
What transfer case does your truck have (4-button or 3-button)?
What have you tried in order to get it back in 2HI?
What does it do when you attempt to shift back to 2HI or 4HI?
Have you done a battery reset?
Attempted to read the codes (easy on the 3-button, but requires a Tech2 or equivalent scan tool on the 4-button)?

And please be patient. Use your time waiting for a response to search the forum. A search term of "stuck+4LO" may return threads similar to your current situation.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:40 AM
Starting Member
Default 2002 blazer

3 button , when you push 2hi no button light shows,when you push 4 hi no button light shows when you push 4 lo both 4 lo and 4 hi lights show on buttons ..tried reset/unplugged sensor at transfer case/ whats the actuater under the battery do? could it be the sensor or what the sensor plugs into?

Old 03-21-2011, 11:50 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Check out the Common 4x4 Problems & 96+ NV233 Diagnosis threads linked to in my signature below. They have shown to be very informative!

If you haven't unplugged the TCCM or battery recently, then run the codes as described in the 2nd thread mentioned above. That may give you an indication of where the problem lies. If you cannot get any codes out of it, the next step I would take is to disconnect the wiring at the switch (dash), TCCM (behind passenger side kick panel), and the encoder motor (on the transfer case); inspecting the connections for corrosion and cleaning as required. While the switch is out, test the button operation using a multimeter set to test continuity (audible tone when contacts are touched together) using the wiring diagrams provided in one of the aforementioned links.

Old 03-21-2011, 01:34 PM
Starting Member

thanks, I can hear the contactor making on the passenger side, no codes showed, did not see a fuse for 4wheel