2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Should I...

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 05:06 PM
Starting Member
ejschultz is on a distinguished road
Default Should I...

Okay, here's my delima. My truck has a knock at about 3000 rpm. Its probably still got some life left in it, but I don't know exactly how much. My 4 wheel drive doesn't work and neither does my A/C. Should I put the money into it to get the 4 wheel drive and/or A/C fixed? It's like 90 degrees here right now and I really can't enjoy driving it in this heat. I don't really take it off road very often but I'd like to have the 4 wheel drive back for the snow this winter. Should I put more money into it or just drive it until it takes a dump on me? What would you do? Mind you I've probably got about $3000 in this including the cost of the truck.

Old 06-23-2009, 10:34 PM
Starting Member

Well I guess I posted this in the wrong forum section. I wasn't talking about how to fix a specific problem; I just wanted to know if I should even fix my problems or just let the truck run the way it is until it dies out on me. If anyone has any feedback on this, please let me know. Thanks.

Old 06-24-2009, 11:50 AM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Guess it really depends on what YOU want out of your truck.

If you plan on keeping it for a few more years then I would recommend getting everything fixed.

If you are looking at only having a disposable vehicle then drive it until it dies and move on to another disposable vehicle.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:03 PM
Starting Member

I purchased this to get rid of a disposable vehicle that I had. I figured this one would definitely last me another 3 or 4 years until I get a real job and can afford something new. I'd like to get it fixed, but who knows what's going to break next.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:35 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

If you live in the South, then at least get the A/C repaired. If you try to sell it without air, the value will be near zero.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:15 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by rriddle3
If you live in the South, then at least get the A/C repaired. If you try to sell it without air, the value will be near zero.
Northwest Indiana has very seasonal weather. The A/C would really only need to be used maybe 4 months out of the year. The winter here gets pretty cold. Last winter we had some temps near -20. Right now it's like 90. I love Chicago weather...

Old 06-24-2009, 03:09 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ejschultz
Northwest Indiana has very seasonal weather...
Okay, there we go. You had not said where you live.

Old 06-24-2009, 05:21 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by rriddle3
Okay, there we go. You had not said where you live.
Well, now that we all know I live in Northwest Indiana/Chicagoland, what do you all think?

Old 06-24-2009, 05:24 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

do whatever you want its your money and your truck. if you like the blazer then fix it or if you dont feel like putting even more money into a 14 year old vehicle then buy something else.

Old 06-24-2009, 06:08 PM
Starting Member

Don't get me wrong. I definitely like my truck. It's just that it is 14 years old and things are definitely starting to go wrong with it. I'd love to fix everything on there, but I don't have the money or the know-how to get everything done on my own. I realize it's my truck and I should do what I want to do with it, but I don't know what I want to do with it. That's why I'm here asking all of you for your opinions. I want to know what all of you would do if you were in my position. Sell it? Keep it? I just want your opinions. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Should I...