2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Shuttering while trying to accelerate

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 07:41 PM
notime1963 is on a distinguished road
Default 1996 Blazer

Has anyone solved the dreaded P030 code? Is there any one thing that will fix this code? If anyone can help i would certainly appreciate it. Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 07-10-2009, 07:49 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I assume you mean P0300.

And yes, it has been solved in the past. There is LOTS of information here about this code that you can browse through. It would be nice if it was one simple thing that caused it for everyone, but no such luck.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:00 PM

I'm sorry yes it is P0300 random misfire. I have changed plugs, wires, distributor cap. I do seem to have an issue with my fuel pump that when it gets below a 1/4 tank and i come to a stop the thing dies. It then starts right back up and when i fill up the blazer the fuel gauge bounces from full to empty back and forth.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:52 PM
reelbroke2 is on a distinguished road

Did your misfire start before or after you did the tune up? Your fuel issue may be the pump, filter or the spider injector assy. Do a fuel pressure test. The fuel sending units do wear out too that may show your bouncing gauge issue.

Old 07-11-2009, 08:01 AM
Default P0300

The misfire problem was why i did the tune up. What hapens is it idles fine only when i take off is when the problem occurs. It is a surging feeling going down the road, but if i give alot of gas the problem goes away until i am at cruising speed again then the rpms go up and down again.

Old 07-11-2009, 04:31 PM
Beginning Member
matclark is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry to jump in on someone elses thread but i think we have the same thing going on and might be able to help each other,,,
i have the same issues, except mine doesnt stall out at a stop with low fuel, i have also replaced the spider injection and the 4 o2 sensors, and plugs/wires/cap/button, and fuel filter, tp sensor, all the solenoids in the trans, vacuum lines, vacuum check valve, 4wd vacuum activator, transfer case vacuum switch, and did the update on the wiring harness at the ecm,

my blazer idles fine, go to take off and it sputters, and jumps, goes into second gear it starts to smooth out, then at cruising speed it sputters and bucks a little, it will also speed up on its own, but if i smash the gas down or slowly push down on the gas peddle it runs perfect,,,the thing really pulls hard at wot !! the more i fix, the less codes it throws, but the problem keeps getting worse !!
96 blazer 4.3w 4wd 2dr
if it were a faulty crank position sensor, wouldnt that throw a code? how could that be tested?

Last edited by matclark; 07-11-2009 at 07:20 PM.
Old 07-11-2009, 06:09 PM
reelbroke2 is on a distinguished road

almost sounds like a faulty crank position sensor

Old 07-12-2009, 03:19 PM

If it were the crankshaft position sensor wouldn't it code as such, or is it possible for it to be faulty and not code?

Old 07-12-2009, 06:18 PM
Default Shuttering while trying to accelerate

Hello, My 96' 4.3 Blazer shutters when i try and give it gas and does the same thing going down the road at cruising speed more like a surging which gives a code P0300. I cleared this code then i disconnected the MAP sensor and the vehicle ran normal, meaning no shuttering or surging but the obvious code P0107 for the MAP sensor comes on. Is it possible that the MAP sensor is in fact bad and it is giving false data to the control module? Any help would be appreciated.

Old 07-12-2009, 07:08 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

*Merged with your previous thread discussing the P0300 code* There is some good dialog here and some more information as well. Works better to have everything in one thread.

It is possible that the MAP sensor is bad. It is also possible that you have some other air being pulled into the engine behind the MAF sensor (large sensor in the intake duct). It is also possible it is a dirty MAF sensor.

Quick Reply: Shuttering while trying to accelerate