2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

so many codes I don't know were to start

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 09:48 AM
Beginning Member
mansopoor is on a distinguished road
Default so many codes I don't know were to start

I'm going to list the codes then tell you how I got to this point.

P0134
P0122
P0131
P0101
P0144
P0507

P0134 Freeze Frame
Fuel Sys 1 OL
Fuel Sys 2 OL
Calc Load % 5.49
ECT (F) 192
STFT B1(%) 0.00
CTFT B1(%) 0.00
STFT B2(%) 0.00
CTFT B2(%) 0.00
MAP(INHG) 11.52
ENG RPM 1170
VEH SPEED(MPH) 34
MAP(lb/min) 1.53
TPS 0.00

ok i have no idea what the freeze frame means

here is the story. a few weeks ago i was blowing the number 5 fuse i believe, i was told to unplug everything on that fuse, 02 sensor etc. it turned out that the 02 sensor on the right side was shorting out some how but i was only getting p0507 and the ones for the 02 sensor at that time, now lets jump forward about a week my wife had the truck out late one night and the number 10 fuse blew so i put another one in on the side of the road and it blew so i left the truck there, went back up the next morning to tow it home but thought i would again try a fuse and this time it worked about every 3-4 days the damn thing will blow and if i leave it along for awhile i can put a new fuse in. and this is the point that all the rest of the codes have popped up, i guess the biggest problem is the idle, i need to get it down, there seems to be a small gap at the adjuster screw at the side of the throttle body if i pull back on the linkage to close the gap the idle comes down, i have no money left for this truck it have drained me dry of the past month with tow bills i live far out in the country and really need some help with this.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:57 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I would start by getting the fuses to stop blowing. In your post you left out one crucial piece of information and that is what you are driving...

Then you can read through the trouble code sheets looking for commonality between the codes you are receiving...
P0101 - Mass Air Flow System Performance
P0122 - Throttle Position Sensor Circuit Low Voltage
P0131 - HO2S Circuit Low Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 1
P0134 - HO2S Circuit Insufficient Activity Bank 1 Sensor 1
P0144 - HO2S Circuit High Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 3 (post cat)
P0506/P0507 - Idle Control System RPM Lower/Higher Than Expected

Old 01-27-2011, 01:41 PM
Beginning Member

sorry about that its a 97 blazer s10
as far as the fuses go i don't have then blowing anymore at this point. i don't know why they stopped blowing but they did, i feel like I'm looking for a needle in a hay stack with this truck, my main thing that i need to fix is the idle cause we have alot of snow and with the high idle, it's hard to stop, oh the idle is only high when i shift to reverse or drive, also when i go to stop the idle don't seem to come all the way down but after i stop it comes down after a few seconds but its still high

at this point i have limited excess to the Internet, i can only check on replies 2-3 times a day so please give all info you may think is nesseary.

Old 01-27-2011, 01:48 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I guess I should have stated that you should find the reason the fuses were blowing. Electrical issues don't typically just go away, never to return. From the sounds of it you have a wiring problem that needs to be corrected before going much further.

As far as other information, I provided links to all but one of the codes you are experiencing that will walk you through the steps to diagnose them. Time to get your reading glasses out and dig in!

Old 01-27-2011, 01:49 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk
I would start by getting the fuses to stop blowing. In your post you left out one crucial piece of information and that is what you are driving...

Then you can read through the trouble code sheets looking for commonality between the codes you are receiving...
P0101 - Mass Air Flow System Performance
P0122 - Throttle Position Sensor Circuit Low Voltage
P0131 - HO2S Circuit Low Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 1
P0134 - HO2S Circuit Insufficient Activity Bank 1 Sensor 1
P0144 - HO2S Circuit High Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 3 (post cat)
P0506/P0507 - Idle Control System RPM Lower/Higher Than Expected
SWARTLKK:
i looked at your links and I'll be honest with you, i don't understand it. I'd rather zap myself with electricity then figure out an electrical problem lol.

Old 01-27-2011, 01:51 PM
Administrator

Sounds like it's time to open up the wallet and pay for someone to fix it then. If you want to work on your vehicle, you have to be willing to spend the time to understand how things work and how to diagnose them when they don't. If you have questions about the steps provided in the links, ask away and we'll try to get them answered. But you have to put forth the effort!

Old 01-27-2011, 01:51 PM
Beginning Member

which code do you think i should start with.

well i guess there is only one way to learn and i'm going to have to get my hands in there

Last edited by swartlkk; 01-27-2011 at 01:55 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the EDIT feature to add additional information to your post if another member yet to respond.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:54 PM
Administrator

As I already said, with that many codes, you really need to start looking for a common point. Maybe it's a problem with the ignition switch not providing the proper power to all of the circuits involved? You need to determine that at some point, but for now, I wouldn't be bothering with the codes, but digging into the wiring harnesses containing the wiring for the devices powered by the two fuses you had the issues with.

You might also want to invest in a good repair manual source (FSM, AllDataDIY.com, etc).

Old 01-27-2011, 02:01 PM
Beginning Member

ok as far as the ignition switch, yes i had a problem with it, so i took it out and took it apart and cleaned all the connections, so maybe it's still the problem, is there some way to check the voltage coming out of the switch to find out,

Old 01-27-2011, 02:21 PM
Administrator

Both fuse 5 and fuse 10 are hot in run & start.

Fuse 5 (ENG - 20A) powers the MAF (mass air flow - located in the intake piping after the filter) sensor, all 4 O2 sensors, the EVAP purge (located on the passenger side of the intake manifold near the distributor) & vent (located near the back of the fuel tank) valves, the CMP (camshaft position - located in the base of the distributor) sensor, the EGR valve, and the VCM/PCM.

Fuse 10 (ENG/IGN - 20A) powers the CKP (crankshaft position - located on the timing cover on the front of the engine) sensor, VCM/PCM (passenger side fender), ICM (ignition control module - passenger side of the intake manifold near the coil), the coil, and all of the injectors.

Problems with these two fuses can cause a whole host of codes to pop up which is why I would concentrate on finding what caused the fuses to blow and then see if the codes come back.

Quick Reply: so many codes I don't know were to start