2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

So my truck failed inspection misserably...

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 06:36 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know what time of year is the most stressful, tax time or inspection time.

Yeah I was thinking more along the lines of D-boys and the such instead of ricers. Although ANY vehicle, lifted or lowered, should have to undergo the modified sticker not just lifted trucks. Mini trucks should be in the category also. I have only once heard of a shop failing a mini truck for a insection sticker and that was just because the whole front suspension was shot.

Was a 95 s10 with a 5/6 drop and no C notch, lol. Riding in that thing with his 4 wheeler in the back was horrible, cause with that weight, the axle was sitting on the frame. His entire steering was shot, idler and pitman arms shot, all of that was what made him fail. Hope all goes well tomarrow Benedict, to bad your not in WV you'd have a vertical inspection sticker like mine.

Old 07-11-2010, 07:11 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

your truck is too old for emissions too... my s10 was a 97 and didn't need emissions but my 2000 blazer does everything is almost the same

Old 07-11-2010, 07:19 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
your truck is too old for emissions too... my s10 was a 97 and didn't need emissions but my 2000 blazer does everything is almost the same
Lucky. Here, if you're registered in one of the counties that require testing, the car has to be older than 24 years to be exempt.

Old 07-11-2010, 07:31 PM
BF Veteran

ours is weird some vehicles are exempt, others aren't I know my gf's camry is a 96 and my friends bmw is a 97 and they both have to get emissions

Old 07-11-2010, 07:43 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
I'm sooo close to being over with all of this. Everything is good except my OBD readiness failed? The guy said I have to drive 50-100 miles
And what ever you do, do not disconnect the battery before you run the emissions. If you do you will have to wait until itrechecks everything in the computer/readiness again.

Old 07-11-2010, 08:09 PM
BF Veteran

my battery died last week thats probably why. and my friend is like ahhh just reset the battery before you go in it'll pass. Glad I didn't listen to him

Old 07-11-2010, 11:35 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought my 92 was old enough to not have emissions, but since WV doesn't do emissions testing I wasn't sure. It's funny though, they make sure your complete exhaust is intact and not altered, ie the catalytic converter because if federal law, even though my state doesn't test the exhaust system.

Normally a couple hours of varied driving and idle periods and you'll get the computer back on track for your OBD II system readings.

Old 07-12-2010, 01:30 PM
BF Veteran

drove 100 miles last night. hope that was enough

Old 07-12-2010, 10:05 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by rriddle3
Ricers weren't exactly the ones to whom I was referring.
it's funny you mention the others. there's some guy around town with a '90(ish) Chevy 1/2 ton sitting on 24's or 26's.

looks totally f**k'd-up! i'll see if he's parked long enough next time i see his truck around, to grab a pic. i swear, all this kid does is drive around town.

guess he wants to make sure everyone sees his hoops.

Originally Posted by rriddle3
Lucky. Here, if you're registered in one of the counties that require testing, the car has to be older than 24 years to be exempt.
and here in Ontario, it's only exempt if it's an '87 or older model.

when our Ontario Drive Clean program first came out, it was supposed to be only for vehicles 24 yrs old & newer.

but the tree huggers cried enough to have that changed.

Old 07-12-2010, 11:41 PM
BF Veteran

apparently 130 miles wasn't enough so I'm going to have to do some more driving... On a good note I ordered a 5th pro comp wheel for the spare

Quick Reply: So my truck failed inspection misserably...