2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

So my truck failed inspection misserably...

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 06:07 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Good idea for the 5th wheel. I wish I had an extra rim for mine. I think I'm just going to paint it out black though so it's not as noticeable and blends in with my clean black/blue look.

Old 07-13-2010, 10:31 AM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

I need to get a full size spare too. The goodyear wrangler 235/75/15 isn't cutting it

Old 07-13-2010, 01:44 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

lol. I'm gunna throw one of my old 30's on there so at least it's close to my 31's. I'd love to have an extra 31 just for the look, but I dont wanna shell out another $160 for a tire I'm not going to use.

Old 07-14-2010, 03:19 PM
BF Veteran

well I'm almost positive my truck is getting the stickers today. However one thing that makes me mad is that the guy was like your shackles are still too long. I was like you said they could be 2 inches longer than stock and I measured a stock shackle and it was 6 inches. The guys like uhhh no the ones in the shop are 4 inches which he pretty much contridicted himself because last time he told me my shackles were 4 inches longer than stock so I lowered it 2 inches to make it the legal 2 inches above stock. so I guess they are putting my shackles on the lowest notch and I have a feeling my tires are going to rub now. its so stupid thou because I even said to the guy you know I'm just going to raise it back up

Old 07-14-2010, 08:35 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

They know that and they don't care as long as they get paid.

Do you know how many sky high lifted trucks are in wv that run 38x15 inch tires and put little dinky 31x10.50's to pass inspection because of the exposed tread laws? They know when a SFA silverado with 10+ inches of lift comes in on stockers that they just swapped out rims/tires for inspection. But the inspectors don't care.

Old 07-14-2010, 10:00 PM
BF Veteran

well i got my stickers its over haha

Old 07-15-2010, 01:09 AM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

lol, really though, glad you got em'! Good for the next year.

Old 07-15-2010, 01:25 AM
BF Veteran

hopefully next year will be a once and done...

Old 07-15-2010, 02:21 AM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

Yo dude... you need to call these guys out on the B.S. factor... Where in the PA state DOT does it say a vehicle must be equipped with sway bars??? Can they prove that your vehicle ever had them? NO!!!
So... if your vehicle had a different sway bar set up than factory... will it pass? Who decides that? What if it's a set-up that is from a different manufacturer such as Ford or Land Rover? Once again... BOLLCHIT!!!
The shop that you went to was being represented by a guy that was full of crap and was hoping to make money off of you. When you decided to fix it yourself he had no choice but to ride out his bluff and act as if his word was GOD. What a P.O.S. this guy is and the same goes for the shop that he works for.
Do yourself a favor... Get aquainted with other local 4x4 enthusiest in your area and find out what a GOOD shop is all about through them.
DO NOT spend another doller in that shop!... Stories like this just make me want to punch that inspector idiot right in the mouth... argggg!!!

Old 07-15-2010, 11:49 AM
BF Veteran

wanna hear something that will even more bother you? they said my front sway bar end links were put on wrong I didn't put 2 washers on. what a dick.. I've hated this shop ever since they put my alternator in but my mom loves them and she's like common just take it there, but I won't ever again. The guy was a complete dick to me yesterday, and the best part about the whole thing the rear sway bar wasn't on there last year and it passed no problem at the SAME place

and my stickers... finally

Last edited by Benedict1337; 07-15-2010 at 03:09 PM.

Quick Reply: So my truck failed inspection misserably...