2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

sorry to re-post

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 08:49 AM
Starting Member
Numba1Sean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default sorry to re-post

ok well i just had the problem again of comming to a stop and then putting the blazer in reverse with the abs and emergency light comming on, but now there is another problem when this happened my radio shut off for a couple seconds and then turned back on when thos those 2 lights went out. now im really stumped on this. also still have the strobe effect with all the lights every once in awhile and the constant flickering while driveing. what should i lean towards checking? not sure if maybe something on the column isnt right anymore or something else.

Old 01-24-2009, 05:39 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: sorry to re-post

Sounds like the beginning of an ignition switch problem... Have you noticed the security light on the dash staying on longer than usual or blinking?

Old 01-24-2009, 08:51 PM
Starting Member

nothing with the security light yet, but i noticed sometimes when i move around in the car alot or move quick, the dome light will flicker but i repeat the same moves or motion and it wont do it again. really weird. maybe that is causing the excessive dimming and dash flicker also. also while driving when the lights flicker sometimes the voltage wont stay up even going at a good pace with rpms high, it still drops. with the system on or off too. just wondering if all this is linked somehow.

Old 01-26-2009, 09:18 PM
Starting Member

well to add to this: opened my door and the dome light didnt come on and then it came on, then went off and then came on, and then off and back on only to flicker crazily. how come when i pushed the pin in with my finger the dome light did not turn off but when i close the door enough for the latch to almost catch it goes off? this is just getting worse and worse.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:39 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If you have a pinched wire in the courtesy light circuit, it would cause this problem. The circuit is a ground trigger system.

Old 01-27-2009, 10:56 AM
Starting Member

so the hinge is the grounding point?

Old 01-27-2009, 12:02 PM
Administrator

No. The door switches (pins) when out connect the ground side of the circuit to turn on the lights. Your If any one of these wires is against the chassis (ground), it could cause the symptoms you are experiencing. Since you are having troubles with your door, I would first see about where the wires pass through the door.

Old 01-28-2009, 10:49 AM
Starting Member

see that doesnt make sense to me now. because when i hold the pin in, the light does not go off. but when the door locking unit is almost on the hinge, it shuts off. so some how it still knows the door is open when i have my finger on the pin switch.

Old 01-28-2009, 10:52 AM
Administrator

On the 98+, the trigger is in the latch, not on the side of the dash. Same for both driver and passenger side.

If you look inside the dash, I bet there is nothing connected to the back of that pin on the side of the dash. That is the way that my 2000 Bravada was anyway. The pin had been bent over and jammed into the side of the dash when I bought it. When I pulled the switch out, there was no wires connected and none laying inside the dash anywhere.

Old 01-28-2009, 12:22 PM
Starting Member

oh ok so the pins are bogus. if ya dont mind can i get the diagram for the headlight circuit so i can track down the headlight/all lightflicker. but what i find funny is my fog lights are connected direct to the battery and they flicker at the same time as the headlights. and the only place they are tapped into is the headlight switch and thats only to turn on the led switch. im just so stumped on all this electrical stuff

Quick Reply: sorry to re-post