2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Stumped!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 11:42 AM
royillt is on a distinguished road
Default Stumped!!!!!!

ok, lets go over a history of whats going on. the truck was running and driving when it started stalling out, after a few times it wouldnt start at all just crank AND it wouldnt unlock in to nuetral. just as i was about to give up and called the tow truck, it fired right up and drove home fine. after a few times the problem was back with no start. the truck has been to the shop and the cpu and altenator have been replaced and programmed. the truck fired up and drove home w/ no problems. after turning it off it wouldnt restart... just crank. it seems to wants to fire up every few months or so just fine but will just die after awhile and go back to endless cranking. something is interfering w/ the spark but i cant figure it out and cant afford to keep throwing money at it. it also IS NOT throwing any codes. if anyone can lead me in the right direction it would be greatly apprieciated

Old 09-22-2009, 11:59 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Stumped!!!!!!! Yeah, me too. What are you driving?

Old 09-22-2009, 04:03 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by royillt
ok, lets go over a history of whats going on. the truck...........
well, we know he's driving a truck, not a car. that should narrow it down some (i wonder if it's a GM product)

Old 09-22-2009, 07:39 PM

ha,ha guys, sorry its been a while. i have a 97 blazer ls 4x4 w/ 4.3 liter engine w/ a/c.

Old 09-23-2009, 03:41 AM
Starting Member
awe341 is on a distinguished road

Well, if it's not getting spark then you need to run through the basics of the ignition system and start checking each part. It sounds like a possible ignition control module problem but it could be a number of other things as well. Including a bad ignition switch.

I'd start by testing those two components first.

Old 09-23-2009, 07:52 AM
jamel is on a distinguished road

I'm having the same problem with my 2000 chevy blazer now the truck will not start at all! I need help bad! when You find out what's going on please post results!

Old 09-23-2009, 07:45 PM
rwright99 is on a distinguished road
Default also stumped blazer wont start

i have a 99 s10 blazer and it has spark and fuel and will crank over but not start the fuel pump is good and works has new plugs and wires what next?

Old 09-23-2009, 09:17 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

If you have an issue with your truck, please start a separate thread.

Old 09-23-2009, 11:12 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

have you checked the ignition system completely? i'm talking about the ignition module, coil, TPS.........everything.

Old 09-28-2009, 05:58 PM

UPDATE! i would like to say thanks to thoughs for pointing me in the right direction,,
it was the ignition module... got one for $10 bucks and ha been running ever since

BIG UP TO blazerforum.com

Quick Reply: Stumped!!!!!!