2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Symptoms and P0300

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 07:06 AM
Starting Member
DrEaMsTeVe is on a distinguished road

Damp and cold this morning. No hiccups or stuttering on acceleration. Seems I'm good to go. Thanks Swartlkk for the help. Truck accelerates nice a smooth now.

Next project is the heater core before it gets too cold.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:12 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to help! Also glad I did not steer you in the wrong direction! Happy motoring!!

Old 03-14-2010, 09:08 PM
River trail farms is on a distinguished road
Default Blazer bucking and missing

It must just be a Blazer thing, as I had just bought mine 2 months ago and it had done this the whole time, bucking and missing, then it straightens up for a while then goes back to doing it again. It threw a MAF code and it cannot be that becasue that has been replaced twice, replace total fuel system. The real problem is here that you cannot get someone to diagnose the real problem and you keep replacing parts after parts. I am so disgusted with this thing, I have an ear broke off my distributer and I am think that this may be the problem. Mine seems to do it when itrs damp as well(worse that is) sometimes it does not do it at all. Goodlooking trucks just a pain to diagnose problems with it.

Old 03-15-2010, 09:56 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The ear broke off the distributor is not good. I would replace that as soon as you can. This is allowing excess moisture into the cap which is not good. Moisture will cause spark scatter which will cause a misfire condition. The fact that it does it when it is wet outside further reinforces this point.

As far as the MAF not being the culprit, it still may be. The sensor is not the only thing in that loop. Problems with the wiring affecting the power, ground, and return to/from the sensor can trigger a code.

I am not sure what or whom the comment about not being able to get anyone to diagnose the real problem is directed at. You are responsible for diagnosing the problem. We can only make recommendations of what to check. It is your choice to replace parts or not. Replacement should be done once proper diagnosis has determined that the component to be replaced has been found at fault or as a contributing factor.

Old 03-15-2010, 09:05 PM
RonJon is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm assuming that remark was aimed at the local part swappers and not the forum community <G>

Old 03-15-2010, 09:22 PM
blairwag is on a distinguished road

For what it's worth, and it's not worth much, I had a similar problem with a P0300 error code. I thought P0300 was a misfire. Random cylinder misfire if I recall. Anyway, my issue happened about 12 months AFTER replacing the distributor. Turned out to be the darn camshaft position sensor, which is mounted inside the distributor. Replaced that and my P0300 went away. truck ran consistently better there after.

Old 03-15-2010, 10:01 PM
Starting Member
Schrade is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by blazerboyz
you have wasted alot of money on this thing when you were going in the wrong direction the whole time!! srry to dissapoint, proper diagnosis is the key to proper repair, if the TRANS is bucking between 1-2 why would it be wires?????? or a cap and rotor, if it were those things it would do it all the time every day and through every shift. And guess what you only have a p0300 code where is the miss fire code, OHHHH wait you dont have one, so why are you spraying water on the wires. YOUR DIRECTION YOU SHOULD HAVE GONE IS IGNITION DING DING DIGN. the ignition switch is part of the TCM and if the ignition switch is bad then hey guess what if the ignition is tied to the trans well.......i dont think i have to explaine anymore, you need an ignition switch there very common on these trucks to go bad
You crashed my spellcheck .

Old 03-16-2010, 08:44 AM
River trail farms is on a distinguished road

I was not implying the comment to anyone, me being a woman no one wants to listen to me when I suggest anything. No one in this area knows how to diagnose anything correctly. Anyhow I guess I will take it to Coles and have it placed on a computer to see what their codes come up with, but I have done this at local garages and it popped the MAF code and thats where they stop becasue they don't know whats wrong with it. My mechanic has given up on it becasue he don't know whats wrong with it. But I will keep trying!

Old 03-16-2010, 12:48 PM
Starting Member
Schrade is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by River trail farms
I was not implying the comment to anyone, me being a woman no one wants to listen to me when I suggest anything. No one in this area knows how to diagnose anything correctly. Anyhow I guess I will take it to Coles and have it placed on a computer to see what their codes come up with, but I have done this at local garages and it popped the MAF code and thats where they stop becasue they don't know whats wrong with it. My mechanic has given up on it becasue he don't know whats wrong with it. But I will keep trying!
If it's your money, you ask questions. BS has a sort of aroma, a fragrance, that's not really hard to detect.

A circuit is easy to diagnose. MAF circuit - check power coming in to the sensor for proper voltage, check the ground to see if it's not 'open'.

Get them to SHOW, not tell. SHOW me what's wrong with the MAF CIRCUIT. Don't TELL me what the computer TELLS you.

If you squeeze the garden hose sprayer, and no water comes out, do you buy another sprayer?

Yup.