2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Ticking noise from my engine

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 03:25 PM
Starting Member
onder is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Ticking noise from my engine

Well I notice a ticking noise couple weeks ago mechanic said it was my rocker arm but he might be saying that to just rip me off so i want your guys opinion too. this forum helped me lots of times. i changed my plugs, wires, rotor, cap, wheel bearing and my fuel pump. you guys provide lots of valuable information so i wanted to thank you every body so lets go back to my problem i recorded a video of engine running but the noise is not that loud and i am really afraid that is coming from the bottom of the engine because where exactly you can here the noise is between the fender and the passenger side tire close to the back of the engine i will post the video and if the video is not clear enough let me know i will record an other one. thank you for your help and time.YouTube - P1120984

Old 05-17-2011, 07:52 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I can't really hear much out of the ordinary from that video.

Old 05-17-2011, 08:23 PM
dimone545 is an unknown quantity at this point

If there is a bad tick I sure cant hear it in that video. There is always gonna be a small amount of noise coming from a motor bro. Just think about what is going on inside it, explosions, metal moving rapidly over and over etc. If it was something that was bad I would think that we would be able to hear it.

Old 05-17-2011, 10:40 PM
Starting Member

I will record an other video. i know that there some normal noise that coming from the engine because of the age of the vehicle and etc. but this is different. i will do the video tomorrow or latest Thursday. i have lots of things in my mind to do to my blazer like fix the little rust spots before get worst repaint the tire carrier and if i have some money put some driving lights and bull bar but not a new engine. thank you again for your time and help.

Old 05-17-2011, 11:31 PM
Beginning Member
94_Jimmy is on a distinguished road

Just do a oil change and and a quart of Lucas Oil Stabilizer. 4.3's tend to have lifter tic. Lower end of the engine doesn't usually make a tic it makes a clank or thud.

Old 05-18-2011, 11:53 AM
Starting Member

I usually take my car to firestone to change my oil but it looks like they didnt change my oil last two times i took there. when i checked my oil couple weeks ago it was black and it was low even though i had only thousands mile on the new oil so i change my oil with mobil full synthetic high millage oil and add lucas in it i think i put little bit more oil in it then usual. the mark on the dipstick was little more then what it suppose to be. I cant record the video today because i have to go to work now but tomorrow i will do it. thank you again for your guys help and time

Old 05-21-2011, 08:50 PM
Starting Member

Ok I just had a chance to record the video it was dark but i think you can here the noise this time i started from the driver side and then the engine and then the passenger side i hope you guys can here it. i can here the ticking clearly but i really dont know about the video but thank you again for your help and time.
YouTube - ‪P1120985‬‏

Old 05-23-2011, 01:15 PM
dimone545 is an unknown quantity at this point

I can definitely hear it better that time but it still doesn't sound like anything I would worry about. If it progressively gets worse then that is one thing but other than that don't trip.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:39 PM
Starting Member

it is kinda loud when im driving. im thinking it might be the oil that doesnt lubricate enough. i will see what happens after i changed the oil but first on my list is replacing the door hinges and have to find where is the problem with my license plate light they went out when i was trying to unwrap the trailer lights' cables and i changed the bulbs nothing i have to fixed that first because i got pulled over yesterday... thank you so much for your guys help and time

Old 05-24-2011, 08:55 AM
Pewter2002 is on a distinguished road

Bad belt or pulley. Fingers crossed hoping it's that simple.

Quick Reply: Ticking noise from my engine