2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

transmision shifts at high rpms????

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 05:40 PM
zombiewoof is an unknown quantity at this point
Default transmision shifts at high rpms????

I have a check engine light and my x-mision shifts at high rpms,( like 2000 and it doesnt want to shift into 3rd or overdrive ) the motor is running smooth, I was working on my lower fanshroud , it rubs against the fan every once in a while...had the skid plate off....I was also trying to get my transfer case fluid level check bolt off, it was running fine before I was doing the previous stated work, Ive looked all over for a bad conection or vacume leak,,,didnt see anything out of the ordinary...but im sure its something Ive done .....any ideas? is there a control module or something that controls shifting in relation to the rpms?

Thanks in advance for any ideas..

Old 02-17-2008, 07:01 PM
Default RE: transmision shifts at high rpms????

Ok ..I dont know how I did it ...but I did it.....The mass air flow sensor was hooked up backwards....everything is good again

Old 02-17-2008, 07:08 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, how did you manage that? Glad it was something simple!

Old 02-18-2008, 12:17 AM

the conector has 2 small slots in it...equal on both sides...Ive had the conector on and off about 20x over the last 4 weeks..That is normally the last conection to make when I take things apart and It usually goes on under the air intake so Im doing it blind...

I was spending this weekend double checking things, seeing as how I had the thing completly ripped apart...LOL just making sure I tightened everything up right,Got the wiring harness in the right spot and such,,heh Ive been bitten by this sensor more than twice now...hehe,,I usually forget to hook it up,,Ive caused more stupid problems this way..

4 weeks ago I was considering the bone yard for my Blazer...and now its running like its brand new...Quite the experience,,Its been alot of fun and I learned a ton..Shes finally getting the TLC she deserves....GM sure struck gold with the design of our beloved Blazers..its truely a vehicle to hold on to..With the right tools and the proper guidence theres nothing that will keep em down....This site has been a great source of information to me...I plan on sticking around here for a good long time...Thank you all for your help...

Old 02-18-2008, 06:59 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Well, we're glad to see another blazer running again and definitely glad to have another enthusiast on board! Thanks for the kind words and happy motoring!