2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Trouble code po753

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 04:15 PM
Beginning Member
brians1bad72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Trouble code po753

I have a 2001 Blazer with code po753, I have cleared it several times and it just keeps resetting. Heres the funny thing with the light on and the code set the truck always starts off in 2nd gear and is sluggish on the take off of course being in 2nd gear. The description of the code is shift solinoid electrical. I hear it may be the ignition switch, you guys have any idea what this may be.

Old 07-16-2010, 04:45 PM
MNHawk is an unknown quantity at this point

guess it pays to look under the Trouble Code sticky post:

https://blazerforum.com/forum/diagnostic-trouble-codes-dtcs-49/p0753-explained-28392/

Old 07-16-2010, 05:11 PM
Beginning Member

I have already looked there, all I have is a cheap *** code reader. I am kind of limitted on the flow chart tests that I can do with a reader. I just was looking for some help if anyone has had this problem before.

Old 07-16-2010, 05:20 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You can test the circuits with a multimeter... The wiring diagram is in the post linked to above as well as the schematic showing the location of the shift solenoid.

Have you recently done any transmission service that required the pan to be dropped?

Old 07-16-2010, 05:49 PM
Beginning Member

I had a trans. shop rebuild the trans. about a year ago, nothing has been done since then.

Old 07-16-2010, 05:50 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Has this problem just shown up or has it existed since the transmission was rebuilt?

Old 07-16-2010, 05:58 PM
Beginning Member

The check engine light just came on a few days ago with the po753 code. The trans. since rebuild has been fine until now. I have cleared it a couple times but it comes right back. The weird thing about the trans. is I tried to manually shift it into 1st gear and it still takes off in second.

Old 07-16-2010, 06:02 PM
Administrator

This definitely indicates a problem with either the shift solenoid or the wiring to/from the solenoid.

It is quite possible for the wiring to be nicked or crimped internal to the transmission pan at the time of the rebuild to have just now failed totally. Or it could be a general solenoid failure. The link posted above lists the resistance reading for a properly working solenoid.

Old 07-16-2010, 06:05 PM
Beginning Member

Would you suggest I remove the pan and check the wiring. Electrical is not one of my strong points.

Old 07-16-2010, 06:12 PM
Administrator

You can test the resistance without dropping the pan.

You can inspect the wiring and test the resistance easier by removing the pan.

Quick Reply: Trouble code po753