2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Trouble code po753

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 06:15 PM
Beginning Member
brians1bad72 is an unknown quantity at this point

ok, I will give it a shot and report back, thanks for your help.

Old 07-16-2010, 08:19 PM
Beginning Member
nemesis is on a distinguished road

The most likely cause of this condition may be a loss of voltage to the transmission solenoid power supply circuit. This condition may also be the result of an incorrect installation of an aftermarket electronic device such as a remote starter or alarm system. Otherwise check the fuse on the left side I.P. fuse box WHEN its acting up, if no voltage at the fuse, replace the ignition switch, its somewhat of a common problem.

Old 07-16-2010, 08:27 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't mention that because that condition typically will trigger other codes for the other things also powered off of the CLSTR fuse as shown in the wiring schematic for this code. Worth checking into though.

Old 07-16-2010, 09:00 PM
Beginning Member

sorry dude, your right, usually it sets multiple low voltage codes also. I didn't mean to steal your thunder, lol. Its such a simple test tho, I've wired in a test lamp while driving and waited for it to act up.
I believe I've seen that harness get pinched between the bell housing and block too

Old 07-19-2010, 11:34 PM
Beginning Member

Ok I unplugged the connector above the trans. pan and checked for power at the light green wire with a test light, key on engine off. No power, any suggestions.

Old 07-20-2010, 12:05 AM
Beginning Member

the light green wire is a ground from the PCM, you need check the pink wire for voltage at terminal E also.

Old 07-20-2010, 06:19 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nemesis
the light green wire is a ground from the PCM, you need check the pink wire for voltage at terminal E also.
Bingo!

Old 07-21-2010, 12:41 AM
Beginning Member

I was just looking at the wiring diagram your right I need to check the pink wire, I will do that in the mourning and report back thanks.

Old 07-21-2010, 11:29 AM
Beginning Member

I checked for power at pin E pink wire and I have power. I checked it with a test light, it illuminates, should I check for voltage, should it have 12 vlts. or just power.

Old 07-21-2010, 01:14 PM
Administrator

You need 12V.

Quick Reply: Trouble code po753