2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

troubles with my 95 blazer. wont start and i checked my fpr.

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 12:59 PM
reelbroke2 is on a distinguished road

you need 60 psi to the spider assembly for it to start..you can check the schrader valve by pushing in the little needle (after you turn the key on) to see if it squirts fuel out.. if you dont have fuel there first check or replace the filter..Just because you can hear the pump run doesnt mean its not at fault

Old 08-09-2009, 01:43 PM
Beginning Member
nlange is on a distinguished road

Actually i never really heard the pump run even when this problem didnt happen before. The guy i bought it from a week ago told me he replaced the fuel pump but i didnt know you can hear it. So when i turn the key and try to turn the engine over you can hear it over the engine turning over? or just having the key position to on you can hear it run? again sorry for all the questions and thanks so much for your help. also if the fuel pump is out is there an access panel under my floor in the back to get at it or do i have to drop the whole gas tank? thanks sooooo much!

Old 08-09-2009, 01:49 PM
Beginning Member

ok i just got back from doing what you told me. I cranked the engine over and after so i took the cover off the valve and pushed the needle in and a little gas came out everytime i pushed it in.

Old 08-09-2009, 01:53 PM
reelbroke2 is on a distinguished road

the fuel pump is in the tank and you have to drop the tank to get it out...like i said without a gauge you wont know the pressure..you need 60 psi..I cant hear mine running either but i know it works lol

Old 08-09-2009, 02:28 PM
Beginning Member

but since fuel squirts out when i push the needle in that doesnt tell me anything?

Old 08-09-2009, 04:16 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

It tells you that fuel came out. It does not tell you whether it came out at 5psi or 65 psi. You have to use a fuel pressure gauge to know.

Old 08-09-2009, 07:59 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nlange
but since fuel squirts out when i push the needle in that doesnt tell me anything?
Sure, tells you that fuel is there.

Originally Posted by rriddle3
It tells you that fuel came out. It does not tell you whether it came out at 5psi or 65 psi. You have to use a fuel pressure gauge to know.
Exactly. Flow does not equal pressure. With out a gauge, you do not know if the pressure is appropriate. These engines are very particular about their fuel pressure. Anything under 60psi with the engine off, key on and they do not like to start.

Old 08-09-2009, 10:50 PM
Beginning Member
sidewheeler is an unknown quantity at this point

When you took off the manifold did you have someone crank over the engine while you watched the FPR to see if it dribbled gas, or did you just look to see if you had a fpr attached. If the fpr leaks gas my bet is that it's bad. that means a new spider is in order or a fpr mod. I think you can rent a fuel pressure tester from Auto Zone.

Old 08-10-2009, 11:57 AM
Beginning Member

auto zone does not rent the tool out but im waiting on my dads buddie to lend me his tonight i hope. And no i didnt have someone crank the engine over when all that was off to see if the fpr leaked but i took the fpr off and tryed blowing into it and i couldnt.

Old 08-10-2009, 01:56 PM
Beginning Member

I got a whole kit from another auto zone i called and they rented it out to me for 160 bucks and i hooked up the guage to the valve and i turned over the engine a little bit and pushed the button on the gauge and it didnt do anything. It was at 0 psi. Am i doing it wrong or is there just no pressure at all? you think my fuel filter could be totally clogged or is it the one thing i dont want which is my fuel pump which a pain in the butt or my spider injectors which cost a ton? thanks for the help guys!

Quick Reply: troubles with my 95 blazer. wont start and i checked my fpr.