2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Turn signal module always clicking....

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 11:16 AM
Starting Member
Smoked is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Turn signal module always clicking....

...except when i hit the brakes?? The signals still work but it will just keep clicking... started on my 4400km trip out east..i ended up taking the fuse out for the long highway stretches as it was driving us batty. Is this something that can be opened up and rewired or am i best to just get a replacement module?

thaniks

Old 07-07-2008, 11:29 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Turn signal module always clicking....

Your multifunction switch has malfunctioned. You may be able to just replace the hazard switch and fix it.

Does turning the hazards on and off a few times influence the noise?

Old 07-07-2008, 11:56 AM
Starting Member

It did initially... either clicking the turn signal or hazards would stop it ... but that was when it was an occasional click. Now it's always clicking...like i have the hazards or a turn signal on permanently. Then the next day its' spotty... and then constant again.

No influence...i tried the hazard.

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

Your multifunction switch has malfunctioned. You may be able to just replace the hazard switch and fix it.

Does turning the hazards on and off a few times influence the noise?

Old 07-07-2008, 12:01 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Replacing the hazard switch is fairly easy and doesn't cost a bunch.

CLICK HERE for further information.

Old 07-07-2008, 12:47 PM
Starting Member

Cool thanks, i'll try that first

Old 07-07-2008, 02:32 PM
Starting Member

Ok so i went to the dealer(c anadian remember) and they dont' stock that part number. They said for 99-05's they only have the whole signal assembly which is basically part of the steering column with the signal lever and hazard switch built in. They dont' sell the multifunction switch separately.

Is this right for 99 and up?

Old 07-07-2008, 03:23 PM
Administrator

Yes, that PN is good for 98+. Tell them to order it or just order it online... Parts4Chevys.com has it for $12 US, but you'd have to check if they ship to Canada.

*EDIT* - I found some further information.

The part numbers for the hazard switch are: 15174447 & 15177379. In the recall repair instructions, you have to look for the bar code on the top of the turn signal (multifunction) switch. If the number is 26083635, 26083636, or there is no bar code use the 15174447 hazard switch. If the bar code number is 26090641, 26090642, 26096832, or 26096833 use the other hazard switch (15177379).

CLICK HERE for the complete replacement procedure as dictated by the Recall notice for 2000-2002 S/T trucks,

Old 07-07-2008, 07:44 PM
Starting Member
viper4559 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah my mom's Bravada just had that multiswitch crap out as I left for West Virginia. Had to listen to it the whole ride there and back, sucked really bad. My dad took it to the dealer and I think paid around $300 to get it replaced.

Old 07-08-2008, 06:31 AM
Starting Member

Wow, thanks for this. So the bar code is on the physical switch you use to signal a turn, cruise etc? I don't need to remove the hazard switch to find this code?

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

Yes, that PN is good for 98+. Tell them to order it or just order it online... Parts4Chevys.com has it for $12 US, but you'd have to check if they ship to Canada.

*EDIT* - I found some further information.

The part numbers for the hazard switch are: 15174447 & 15177379. In the recall repair instructions, you have to look for the bar code on the top of the turn signal (multifunction) switch. If the number is 26083635, 26083636, or there is no bar code use the 15174447 hazard switch. If the bar code number is 26090641, 26090642, 26096832, or 26096833 use the other hazard switch (15177379).

CLICK HERE for the complete replacement procedure as dictated by the Recall notice for 2000-2002 S/T trucks.

Old 07-08-2008, 06:53 AM
Administrator

You need to remove the upper and lower steering column trim covers to be able to see the part number on the switch. The multifunction switch stays in.

Quick Reply: Turn signal module always clicking....