2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Water moving sound from dash

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 06:00 PM
Flob1954 is on a distinguished road
Cool Water moving sound from dash

There is water moving sound in dash........someone told me there are drains that get clogged.........where are these drains and how to un-plug them ?

Thanks
Bill

Old 04-11-2010, 06:03 PM
BlazerGuy2001 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Flob1954
There is water moving sound in dash........someone told me there are drains that get clogged.........where are these drains and how to un-plug them ?

Thanks
Bill
as far as i know this is just the coolant running through the dash for the AC, im pretty sure it is normal....atleast it happens to my truck also

Old 04-11-2010, 08:32 PM
Beginning Member
blue*blazer is on a distinguished road

Wife's '98 Blazer sounds like a waterfall under the dash when starting off. Guess it is the coolant in the heater core.

Old 04-11-2010, 08:35 PM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

If you are hearing gurgling the heater core then you are low on coolant.

Old 04-12-2010, 07:20 AM
Beginning Member
blue*blazer is on a distinguished road

The radiator is full. Maybe some trapped air in the system. I will see if I can bleed it off.

Old 04-12-2010, 07:24 AM
14wntr is on a distinguished road

I am now dealing with this problem. It has been ongoing for two years and it is related to how much antifreeze is in the rad.

Old 04-12-2010, 09:49 AM
LuvMyTJ is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by BlazerGuy2001
as far as i know this is just the coolant running through the dash for the AC, im pretty sure it is normal....atleast it happens to my truck also
The coolant and the A/C are not connected in any way. Any water sounds are either the vent drains are plugged and holding water, or low coolant. I can only assume the heater core is higher than the rad. Run he truck with the rad cap off till it is warm and the thermostat has opened (if you open it after it gets hot, it will be under pressure and could burn you). Some have suggested to park on a hill, or on ramps to get the front end up high. Add radiator fluid till it it is as full as possible. Hopefully this will remove any trapped air in the system & end the water sounds.

Old 04-12-2010, 11:25 AM
BlazerGuy2001 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by LuvMyTJ
The coolant and the A/C are not connected in any way. Any water sounds are either the vent drains are plugged and holding water, or low coolant. I can only assume the heater core is higher than the rad. Run he truck with the rad cap off till it is warm and the thermostat has opened (if you open it after it gets hot, it will be under pressure and could burn you). Some have suggested to park on a hill, or on ramps to get the front end up high. Add radiator fluid till it it is as full as possible. Hopefully this will remove any trapped air in the system & end the water sounds.
Thanks for the correction!! I was just making a guess at the problem and can hopefully fix mine now

Old 04-12-2010, 04:22 PM
Ericthemidget is an unknown quantity at this point

My 200 was doing the same thing for several months. It turned out the air was getting in the system due to a leaky intake manifold gasket. It lasted a while then dumped all my anti-freeze into the engine.

Old 04-13-2010, 12:26 AM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Ericthemidget
My 200 was doing the same thing for several months. It turned out the air was getting in the system due to a leaky intake manifold gasket. It lasted a while then dumped all my anti-freeze into the engine.
Ouch!... Yep, intake manifold leaks are kinda common with the 4.3 factory gaskets.

Quick Reply: Water moving sound from dash