2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

what else to replace with LIM gasket?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011 | 09:13 AM
|
Starting Member
Charder is on a distinguished road
Default what else to replace with LIM gasket?

so tomorrow im replacing my LIM gasket is there anything else i should replace while its all apart. i dont want to have to do this job twice. and how hard would it be to do a head gasket while doing the lim gasket. i was told that my LIM gasket is leaking and posssibly my head gasket

Old 07-15-2011 | 09:14 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Valve cover gaskets, but that's about it. Only change the head gaskets if you KNOW for a fact that there is a problem there. A compression test will tell you if you have head gasket problems.

Old 07-15-2011 | 12:11 PM
|
Starting Member

Ok thanks. And wats the difference between the 30 $gaskets and the ones for 80. Both made by felpro

Old 07-15-2011 | 12:21 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Felpro has an updated gasket with a metal frame. Get them! The part number is MS98002T.

Old 07-15-2011 | 02:26 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

having just done this job last week i can say def go with the steel backed felpro...huge dif in quality.
i also kicked around head gasket job as well....couldnt find a good reason to do it.
it was a 12 hr job for me...nothing terrible though.
be sure to label everything!!
oh and to save some harness wrangling disconnect the wire harness from top of engine at the fuse block and push it out over pass fender...saves some time and headaches pushing it out of the way constantly.

Old 07-15-2011 | 04:02 PM
Starting Member
Senshi09 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by warthogdriver
having just done this job last week i can say def go with the steel backed felpro...huge dif in quality.
i also kicked around head gasket job as well....couldnt find a good reason to do it.
it was a 12 hr job for me...nothing terrible though.
be sure to label everything!!
oh and to save some harness wrangling disconnect the wire harness from top of engine at the fuse block and push it out over pass fender...saves some time and headaches pushing it out of the way constantly.
12 hours? holy crap! you work fast! I did mine a couple weeks ago when my LIM gasket blew out. Took me 3 days. But I went ahead and changed the head gaskets as well. Wish I would of thought about disconnecting the wires from the block. Those things are a PAIN!!!

Old 07-15-2011 | 06:25 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

when one finds one self without a backup vehicle...one is HIGHLY motivated young grasshopper.

i have a 95 stang that i was driving this summer while blazer was down...and of course it went crap on me too....so what i thought i could put off became a priority one job.

Old 07-15-2011 | 07:46 PM
Starting Member
j89lumaye is on a distinguished road

what happened with the stang warthog?

Old 07-15-2011 | 07:58 PM
BF Veteran

95 no power/accel tried several things - Mustang Forums at StangNet

long story, but that will fill ya in.
not gonna highjack...so peek if you's want to.

Old 07-15-2011 | 09:51 PM
|
Starting Member

thanks for the tips... andi got the felpro number ms98002t updated gaskets.. noted to remove wires from fuse block. and like u warthog. my "backup" car took a crap on me a week after i found the coolant leak so i also will be highly motivated!
wish me luck tomorrow!! its gunna be a long day!

Quick Reply: what else to replace with LIM gasket?