2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

wheel bearing replacement cost?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 09:52 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

**just a bit of an update, the quote of $500 was for new hub asseblies on both the pass/driver side.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:00 PM
Starting Member
hkellogg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikeinwi
**just a bit of an update, the quote of $500 was for new hub asseblies on both the pass/driver side.
still a lot of money those hub assemblies should cost you around $100 each and labor should be less than an hour

Old 05-28-2009, 10:04 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

idk about under $100 bucks, the ones i looked up online (Timken,AC-Delco) were close to $150-$200 im sure i could find some for under $100, but i see no reason to buy cheap parts.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:13 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by mikeinwi
idk about under $100 bucks, the ones i looked up online (Timken,AC-Delco) were close to $150-$200 im sure i could find some for under $100, but i see no reason to buy cheap parts.
try your local parts store, online isn't always cheaper....National Bearing and Seal list for $112 I sell them for $95
List Cost

513200 Front Wheel Brng $112.070 $ 78.449 0.000 1 2 98-02

[Hub Assembly]

Front Whl, RWD ; 2 Per Veh

Old 05-28-2009, 10:33 PM

i called up oreilley's today (only national parts store in town) and they had a National Bearing hub asembly for $221.99 each

Old 05-28-2009, 10:53 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

GUYS. Please listen. OP has a TWO WHEEL DRIVE Blazer. They shouldn't be quoting you for hub assemblies. They should be quoting you for JUST the bearings. Hub assemblies are for FOUR WHEEL DRIVE Blazers.

Check out .net for the pic to show the price difference.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:02 PM

responded on .net

Old 05-28-2009, 11:27 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by TripleBlackBlazer
GUYS. Please listen. OP has a TWO WHEEL DRIVE Blazer. They shouldn't be quoting you for hub assemblies. They should be quoting you for JUST the bearings. Hub assemblies are for FOUR WHEEL DRIVE Blazers.

Check out .net for the pic to show the price difference.
umm its a full hub assembly in the front the bearings aren't pressed into anything they come as a full hub assembly I looked it up in my online catalog look up that I use at work, o'reilly is a rip off chain check some local mom and pop places like associated, or a parts plus place.....hell I will sell you the hubs and ship them to you for 200 if thats what you want to pay

513124 Front Wheel Brng 71.290 45.554 0.000 1 2 98-02

[Hub Assembly]

Front Whl, 4WD ; 2 Per Veh

513200 Front Wheel Brng 112.070 78.449 0.000 1 2 98-02

[Hub Assembly]

Front Whl, RWD ; 2 Per Veh

Last edited by TripleBlackBlazer; 05-28-2009 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Consecutive post
Old 05-28-2009, 11:33 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Ya, seems I am misguided. Thought only 4wd's had hub assemblies.

Old 05-29-2009, 02:33 AM
Starting Member
dBsound is an unknown quantity at this point

For me, 2WD Blazer doesn't even register. I'm on my sixth one, and have never even looked at a 2WD. Must be a Confederate thing!

I agree also, O'Reilly's is a rip-off parts store. The only time I've ever paid their prices, is on a Sunday night, because they're open later than Advance or Autozone.

Quick Reply: wheel bearing replacement cost?