2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Wheel spacers for rear only, stock height and wheels/tires question

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2022, 07:39 PM
bikerider is on a distinguished road
Default Wheel spacers for rear only, stock height and wheels/tires question

The front wheels on my blazer stick out a ways further than the rears. I want to add wheel spacers to the rear only to compensate for that. I have stock wheels and tires and no lift. Who has added spacers to the rear on a stock rig? What thickness of spacers did you go with?

Old 10-15-2022, 09:19 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

1.5s is usually what people do and hubcentric...

Edit:

I had 1.5 lug centric without any issues for years... then I got a zr2 axle and front diff and would suggest doing this...

Old 10-16-2022, 10:59 AM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Regarding installing wheel spacers, I've become a bit agnostic on them. Because I use my Blazer for hunting and fishing in addition to dailying it in the winter, I thought rear spacers would be nice for when going off pavement to add some stability.

I later learned that having a slightly wider stance for the front is intentional and is a good thing for road vehicles. Even the ZR2 models have wider stances for the front.

Old 10-19-2022, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by DonL

Edit:

I had 1.5 lug centric without any issues for years... then I got a zr2 axle and front diff and would suggest doing this...
Thanks, DonL. I know I've scanned your build thread before but I think I'll go back and see if you have a pic of your blazer pre zr2 axle and diff.

Old 10-19-2022, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by christine_208
Regarding installing wheel spacers, I've become a bit agnostic on them. Because I use my Blazer for hunting and fishing in addition to dailying it in the winter, I thought rear spacers would be nice for when going off pavement to add some stability.

I later learned that having a slightly wider stance for the front is intentional and is a good thing for road vehicles. Even the ZR2 models have wider stances for the front.
I read that here a while back. I get the purpose of it but hate the look of the rear tires tucked in so far.

Old 10-19-2022, 02:10 PM
BF Veteran

I think this might be the "only" pic I have of the spacer on the truck without the zr2 axle. It's a camaro rim, which sits the same as a 2wd rim, but you can see how it moved it out. Can compare it to a newer pic without my flares on to see how it's about the same distance. Without the spacer, the 2wd rim sits flush with the body.

Old 10-21-2022, 12:42 PM

I think this might be the "only" pic I have of the spacer on the truck without the zr2 axle. It's a camaro rim, which sits the same as a 2wd rim, but you can see how it moved it out. Can compare it to a newer pic without my flares on to see how it's about the same distance. Without the spacer, the 2wd rim sits flush with the body.

Thanks for the picture. That's helpful.

Old 10-21-2022, 02:10 PM
BF Veteran

Glad to help

Old 10-22-2022, 03:55 AM
LannyL81 is on a distinguished road

I put 1" hub centric spacers on, had them on for about 10k miles or so. Then I got to replace the rear wheel bearings and then after a few more thousand miles, both rear axles and bearings, had a nice groove worn into both axles.
I think the spacers was the cause as it does change the loading on the wheel bearings....but perhaps it was just time and miles....I removed the spacers.

Contact me via PM if you are interested in purchasing these spacers. They are pretty much new.

Old 11-02-2022, 07:18 PM
Beginning Member
Bigwheelblazer is on a distinguished road

Edit:

Fr... if u have a zr2, then you already know the fronts are "wider" than the rears... reading this thread just gave me what i think is a really good solve... thanks 😉

Quick Reply: Wheel spacers for rear only, stock height and wheels/tires question