Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-s-series-1995-2005-tech-41/)
-   -   Windshield Wipers all hay wire (https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-s-series-1995-2005-tech-41/windshield-wipers-all-hay-wire-9605/)

KIllarb634 03-26-2007 10:53 PM

Windshield Wipers all hay wire

Well the problem; When i turn my wipers on the go on but the lowest setting they will stop in the middle of the window. the highest setting they go fast and dont stop even when i turn them off they keep going, If i wait like five minutes they will stop somewhere on the windshield, never the same place sometimes in the off position most of the time sticking up somewhere blocking my vision. I tired the cold soder fix and this still happens.

How do i fix this from happening and make the work correctly.

Thanks in advance
Brian

swartlkk 03-27-2007 12:01 AM

RE: Windshield Wipers all hay wire

Check out the DIY article I wrote up a while back:
Fix for cold solders in the Wiper Motor

hillbillyinOhio 03-27-2007 12:25 AM

actually, if you remove the wiper arm cover there is a nut that if you tighten it up, will fix your problem.

swartlkk 03-27-2007 09:43 AM

This all points to an electrical problem to me seeing as how they won't stop even after they are turned off. The motor is easy enough to pull the cover and check the solders, but I'm not sure you will find anything wrong inside. From the sounds of it, it may be the multifunction switch that is causing the problem, but lets start with the simple stuff first.

blazinloud 03-27-2007 11:09 AM

mine do the same thing! so I just curse at them till they stop ;)they know who the boss is!

pilgrim 03-27-2007 02:56 PM

Do swartlkk's cold solder fix FIRST.

9 out of 10 chances the problem will go away.

99blaze 03-27-2007 07:36 PM

I had the same problem with mine andeventually my wipers stopped working. I also tried the cold solder fix but it turned out to be the multifunction switch which runs about $170.

KIllarb634 03-29-2007 01:20 AM

I tried the cold solder thing as stated in the first post, It still didnt' help. any other ideas

KIllarb634 03-29-2007 01:23 AM

If it is the multi function switch, would i need to replace the whole thing or find out what is wrong with it and try to fix that

kerander 04-05-2007 04:26 AM

I was having the same problem seemingly because of a low power situationwith a weakened alternator. After changingit (and doing a conditioning and full charge on my battery) theproblem went away.