2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

wire for brake control

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 09:03 AM
Starting Member
stlwaco is on a distinguished road
Default wire for brake control

I read another thread that says the front of the blue wire running to the back can be found under the airbox. I took the airbox out and it wasnt there, neither was the red wire with the ring terminal. But the ends are in the back. Is there another place somebody has found the front of the wires? Really dont want to run new wire (even with as easy as it is). Any help????

Old 10-05-2010, 07:48 PM
Starting Member

nobody????

Old 10-05-2010, 07:54 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

And you are driving...?

Old 10-08-2010, 07:05 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk
And you are driving...?

2001 Blazer 2 door

Old 10-08-2010, 09:25 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The wiring for the brake controller would be under the dash, but only if you have the heavy duty trailer wiring package. How many wires do you have in the bundle at the back of the truck?

The ring terminal may already be hooked up to the post on the fuse box or could be under the fuse box. This powers the aux trailer power pin when wired properly to a 7 pin plug at the back of the truck. Again, this is only if you have the heavy duty trailer wiring package.

Old 10-10-2010, 12:14 AM
Starting Member

At the back I have 6 wires (left, right, brake control, tail, ground, reverse ... according to the label that came off the bundle) Where under the dash should I look to find the blue wire that goes to the back for brake control? The ring terminal wire isn't hooked up to the stud yet. I'll look under the fuse block to see if I can find it.

Thanks
-Mike

Old 10-10-2010, 07:12 AM
Administrator

With only 6 wires, you do not have the heavy duty trailer wiring provisions and will not have the brake controller wiring under the dash, nor will you have the +12V lead at the fuse box.

The attached image is straight out of the 2001 S-series Blazer Owners Manual:

Attached Thumbnails wire for brake control-2001_trailer_wiring_om.gif  
Old 10-10-2010, 04:54 PM
Starting Member

Ahhhh... So the blue wire I found is the light blue wire. Cool. Thanks. I didn't get an owners manual with my truck.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:30 PM
surftroll is on a distinguished road

I have a 2001 Blazer ZR2 and it does have a heavy duty wiring harness. Where would I find the blue wire under the dash and what other wires would I need to connect to the electric brake controller?

Old 10-28-2010, 06:43 AM
Administrator

You stated where to find it... "under the dash"... More precisely, there should be a bundle of wires above the parking brake assembly accessible by dropping the lower hush panel down/out (what's above the pedals) and fishing around up there. I believe it should have all 4 wires that are necessary to wire in your brake controller. Just follow the directions that came with the controller.

Quick Reply: wire for brake control