2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Wont start!!!!wtf????

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 11:59 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

have you run any tests that point to the fuel pump being the culprit?? i also dont see the point in wasting money on a used fuel pump.....

Old 06-21-2009, 12:07 AM
Beginning Member
pnice74 is on a distinguished road

Dude, are you not listening to what these guys are saying?? Don't go buy another fuel pump until you TEST the one you have. How pissed will you be when you drop your tank, install another fuel pump and it still don't fire? Test it first IMO. Always start with the most common, cheapest route. Then move to Timing or injectors. Or hell, you could always just hrow another motor in it and be done

Old 06-21-2009, 10:51 AM
Beginning Member
98blazr is on a distinguished road

i was leaning towards the pump being the reason cause it makes a wierd deep sound when u turn the key on and it aint like a wine like they usually make its deeper and sounds like it is barley got any juice

Old 06-21-2009, 11:49 AM
Starting Member
dBsound is an unknown quantity at this point

Mmmm, barley juice......

Mmmmmm......

Old 06-21-2009, 02:42 PM
Beginning Member
98blazr is on a distinguished road

i took my tank down and it is a steel tank, the one i found at junk yard is a plastic tank and pump assembly and all so i was wondering if i could just bolt it right up? the steel tank is 20gal and plastic tank is 18

Old 06-21-2009, 06:38 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting... I thought that all 98+ were plastic.

If it looks the same, it should bolt in and work just fine.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:21 AM
Beginning Member

I've been in the market for a new sending unit, I have read the metal tanks and plastic tanks ARE different. Here is a link to what I've read. PLUS, I've had mini trucks all my life, been getting parts from this guy for years. Getting ready to drive down to FL and pick up a complete frame from this guy. Always wanted to build a mini from the ground up. It will take a few years but I have to tinker on something! Anyways check out his store. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FUEL-...Q5fAccessories

Old 06-22-2009, 08:05 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sure the tanks are different, but that does not mean that you would not be able to bolt up a plastic tank in place of a steel tank. Attaching points, etc should all be the same.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:44 AM
Beginning Member

I was not thinking he was swaping tanks, just the sending unit. I don't think you can put a sending unit from a plastic tank into a steel or visa versa.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:45 AM
Administrator

Oh, I am sorry, I misunderstood the intention. I thought you were going to swap out the tank & everything.

Quick Reply: Wont start!!!!wtf????