2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

yet another no heat issue.

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 01:53 PM
Beginning Member
paxlineman is on a distinguished road
Default yet another no heat issue.

ok i did a search and have read up on this alot but i have not found any pictures. can someone please post me a picture of the hoses that go into the heater core so i know what i am looking for. i have an 02 blazer with the 4.3. i am not very mechanically inclined so sorry if this is dumb but i really dont know what i am looking for to see if both hoses are warm.
thanks for the help.

Old 01-30-2010, 01:56 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

standing in front of your car there is 2 black hoses to the left of the engine compartment going into the inside of your car. i think i got a pic i'll try to post up. picture uploads have not been working lately.

still not working give me your email and ill send you a pic

Last edited by Spectreblazer; 01-30-2010 at 01:58 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:01 PM
Beginning Member

ok i will look for them again. are they below the blower motor or near it. also to see them do i need to remove the plastic guards. thanks for the help

Old 01-30-2010, 03:28 PM
Banned

should be out in the open(the hoses) ill send that pic to your email later tonight some time.

Old 01-30-2010, 03:40 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a pic with the hoses' firewall connections circled in red.

Attached Thumbnails yet another no heat issue.-heatercore001-2.jpg  
Old 01-30-2010, 05:32 PM
Banned

email sent

*hey richard why cant i upload photos?

Old 01-30-2010, 05:49 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Dunno, can't see from here what you're doing.

Are you tying to upload from your computer or download from a picture hosting site?

Old 01-30-2010, 06:24 PM
Banned

just plain old copy & paste. i use to use the other picture uploading site. i forgot what it was called. i dont think that works anymore either

Old 01-30-2010, 07:51 PM
Beginning Member

ok its dark out now but i will check those tomorrow thanks for the pictures that will help a lot.

Old 01-30-2010, 07:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by paxlineman
ok its dark out now but i will check those tomorrow thanks for the pictures that will help a lot.
if you end up flushing, make sure you flush it both ways. and make sure you top off your coolant when your done. also helps to run your heat on full blast before you flush to circulate what you can through the core. then have your truck shut down when you do flush it. then after you get everything hooked back up crank the heat back on and see if you get any heat. wouldn't hurt to do a system flush radiator and all in the summer. thats what im plannin. i know peak makes a super cleaner you mix with plain water after you drain the coolant. i dont have the guts to do it now it below freezing temps. i'd be worried it freeze.

Quick Reply: yet another no heat issue.