Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

w00t 33's on order

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006 | 12:38 AM
|
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough
Default w00t 33's on order

Well I ordered in some BFG AT 33x10.50 15's today. They had 9.5's in stock but not the 10.50's. They should be in soon, but I still have to powder coat my wheels first. Just using the stock wheels as I like how they look. Should be around $900 Canadian for the set. Will post pics once I get them in and mounted.

Old 10-25-2006 | 01:30 AM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future
Default RE: w00t 33's on order

sounds awsome dude....lets see some pics of those bad boys when they are mounted

Old 10-31-2006 | 01:00 AM
|

Crappy pic

Didn't get a chance to get a very good pic, but this is the general idea. I had originally wanted to do the wheels in black chrome, but I was sent the wrong powder by mistake. So instead of waiting for the right powder I did them gloss black. They turned out decently well. Tires look so much bigger than the 235's that were on there before. Need to put my leaf springs back together and in so I can bolt them on to get a better idea of how they will look.

Old 11-01-2006 | 02:56 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Those stock wheels dont look too bad painted black. I may do that when I make some new bumpers.

I like oyu rchoice of tire. Let us know how oyu like them.

I also suspect you will be doing some fender trimming.

Old 11-01-2006 | 03:36 AM
|

ORIGINAL: Hanr3
I also suspect you will be doing some fender trimming.
Probably a little bit Originally planned on 31's, but I kept looking at your pics with the 33's on it. I like how they fill the wells that extra little bit. Will be some time before I get the truck on the road before I can test them out. There are just so many good reviews about them and even talking to people locally who have them. It was either these or some pro comps.

Old 11-02-2006 | 12:57 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Did you also see the pics of how much fender trimming I did to get the 33" to fit?

I trimmed that much off both the front and back of each wheel well. At the bottom its 2" trimmed out. Plus I had a 3" body lift, and I beat the firewall back about 1/2"-3/4".

Put the inner fender well back in, along with a custom gap gaurd, and the chrome beauty ring to hide my fender hacking.

This is what it looks like once done.

Old 11-02-2006 | 08:39 PM
lochenjons is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: Blazin_Jason
Should be around $900 Canadian for the set. Will post pics once I get them in and mounted.
How much is that in USD? Im shopping around for tires...still debating whether to get the 35's tho

Old 11-03-2006 | 02:38 PM
Kellen is an unknown quantity at this point

www.xe.com

Old 11-07-2006 | 11:14 PM
|

Hey Hanr3 - I never saw anything mentioned that you did any trimming on the back or not. I will finish installing the springs tomorrow and will put the wheels on to check. The wheel well is just under 33"'s, so I think I might need to trim it a little bit.

Old 11-08-2006 | 01:15 AM
BF Veteran

Yep, I trimmed that much off each wheel well. On both sides of each wheel well, all 4 of them, that's 8 times I trimmed 2" of metal out. [8D]

Quick Reply: w00t 33's on order