Article Submissions/Discussions Have a Tech topic you would like to submit? See something that needs to be modified in a current Tech article, look here for the discussion thread.

How-to: Homemade posi-lock cable system - DISCUSSION THREAD

Old 12-09-2009, 09:29 PM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea I have had problems with my actuator, but my dads has over 200k on his blazer uses his 4x4 all the time and he never replaced a actuator, kinda weird how things like that work lol

500TH POST!!!!!! lol

Old 12-09-2009, 10:44 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

since this thread has become active again, i'm gonna give my nickel's worth. i've owned quite a few 4WD trucks, and i've never had any actuator problems. the only issue's i've ever had was these newer electronic 4WD t-cases.

that being said, if i do ever have an issue (kinda setting myself up now, aren't i?), at least i know that there is a simple fix to this.

Old 02-12-2010, 08:58 PM
04CVLXsport is on a distinguished road

summit racing has posi locks for 202 plus about a $10.00 handling fee
I seen the same one in J.c.****ny for 300 bucks

Old 02-13-2010, 12:13 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by 04CVLXsport
summit racing has posi locks for 202 plus about a $10.00 handling fee
I seen the same one in J.c.****ny for 300 bucks
Originally Posted by mysons95

I spent a total of only $25.50 USD on this project. Other comparable kits run $150-200.
did you miss this statement right @ the begining?

kinda seems like a no brainer, IMO anyways.

Old 02-13-2010, 12:53 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

yeah but you do get a sticker with that kit ...

Old 02-14-2010, 01:58 PM
04CVLXsport is on a distinguished road

Hey no problems with the way you did this, but some folks like a nice looking engineered correctly made product, It it was my clapped out 89 I'd do it this way. But for my nice 2002 zr2 posi lock it will be if the factory part fails.

Old 02-14-2010, 02:18 PM
Ryanmatt135 is an unknown quantity at this point

very cool

Old 02-15-2010, 07:47 AM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by 04CVLXsport
Hey no problems with the way you did this, but some folks like a nice looking engineered correctly made product, It it was my clapped out 89 I'd do it this way. But for my nice 2002 zr2 posi lock it will be if the factory part fails.
while it may be "hack 'n slash" style, you can make it as clean & as nice of an install as you want, and i'm sure you could save a few bucks off both the store bought systems.

but again, to each their own.

Old 02-27-2010, 10:30 PM
jfarcticman98 is on a distinguished road

i know this thread is old, but i got a 98 jimmy that has the electric push button 4wd and it doesnt work it sounds like the motor wont engage or sumthing will this posi-lock system still work to engage my 4wd or what im just curious before i go buy anything

Old 02-28-2010, 12:14 AM
jdespain is on a distinguished road

I have not had any problem so far with mine, but I am the type that can't leave well enough alone. I feel that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. I am glad that I read this post and am thankful that such a well put together and informative description was given. It will be a little while, but I will definately be making this exact upgrade to my Blazer in the future! THANKS!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How-to: Homemade posi-lock cable system - DISCUSSION THREAD