Article Submissions/Discussions Have a Tech topic you would like to submit? See something that needs to be modified in a current Tech article, look here for the discussion thread.

How-To: T-bar Crank - DISCUSSION

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 12:07 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I'd give Autozone a call and ask for a price because I really don't know, even if I did prices in Canada vary from in the States.

Old 08-28-2009, 06:52 AM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

What does t-baring do? just raise it up?

Old 08-28-2009, 12:41 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Torsion bar adjustment can raise or lower front chassis ride height. If ride height is out of factory specifications, too high or too low, it will cause rapid excessive wear to certain suspension and steering components, along with CV joints and universal joints. Not to mention, it will adversely affect ride quality and handling characteristics, which can also cause safety issues.

Old 09-10-2009, 03:20 PM
Beginning Member
offroadwnc is on a distinguished road

what can i do to lift the back up? or do i have to buy something?

Old 09-10-2009, 06:01 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

How far out of spec is it?

Old 09-10-2009, 08:53 PM
Beginning Member

i dunno. its stock but the front sits a little higher than the back. not much at all tho

Old 09-10-2009, 09:29 PM

Checking chassis ride height involves measuring the distance between certain points of the suspension, not body parts, (fenders, quarter panels etc). Best to have an alignment shop check front and rear chassis ride height. A good shop will have access to the specs and know how to measure it properly. On the GM T body, (4WD) the front is adjustable. If rear is out of specs, it requires spring replacement.

Old 09-11-2009, 11:25 AM
amazinnblazin is an unknown quantity at this point

I cranked mine end of June, I just used the tire lug wrench. If you want to know if it's level, just measure from two points opposite each other on your frame rails... No problems, I drive 2 hrs a day to/from campus on highway, handles/looks better! DON'T FORGET TO GET AN ALIGNMENT AFTER...COMPUTER/LASER ALIGNMENT IS THE BEST.

Old 09-11-2009, 11:40 AM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by offroadwnc
i dunno. its stock but the front sits a little higher than the back. not much at all tho
I personally like the front a little higher... never cared for the "nose down" look. You could always mount a winch on the front if it bugs you.

Old 09-11-2009, 03:04 PM
Beginning Member

yea i dont like nose down but i like em level. but i think the zr2's sit that way just because of the wide front axle

Quick Reply: How-To: T-bar Crank - DISCUSSION