Article Submissions/Discussions Have a Tech topic you would like to submit? See something that needs to be modified in a current Tech article, look here for the discussion thread.

so you want a tire carrier on your 4 door?? - DISCUSSION THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 08:46 PM
Starting Member
Wisco Blazer will become famous soon enough

Yeah, it's kind of annoying that he hasn't updated. Too good to be true probably.

Also is there such thing as locking lugnuts? I don't think anyone would want to steal the spare rim off the carrier, but the tire is pretty nice.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:05 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

You can get the lugs that need the special socket to remove them...they come in sets of 4 i think at autozone or similar places.
I know my brothera zr2 he just picked up does have an actual lock on the lug of the spare.

Old 02-22-2012, 10:50 PM
BlaziNator is on a distinguished road

If you drill a really clean hole through the lug on the tire carrier and then find a pad lock that will fit it will work. Hi-Lift jacks are secured that same way.

Not sure how much room here is though...I just put regular lugs on mine.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:25 AM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

^^^^very nicely done.
i had to extend my lugs to fit my 33 on there....man i wish i would have thought of that!!!

Old 02-23-2012, 10:35 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Wisco Blazer
Are you absolutely positive on the T55 and T15 socket sizes? Cuz I went out and bought T50 and T30 yesterday as previously mentioned. Damn

Also called the guy at the yard and he it should be between 25 and 40 bucks.
I still had the original bolts in a zip lock bag and checked them right before posting the T50 and 30. However, GM did have a few differences between the carriers on the 95-97 models and 98+ and it's possible the bolt sizes were slightly different.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:42 AM
Starting Member
97Beater4WD is an unknown quantity at this point

That guy turned down the offer for $105. I came back with $120 and he said He would rather scrap it for $25 locally then sell it and ship it to me for $120...

I said go scrap it then and stop wasting ur money posting an item on eBay that nobody will buy for your ridiculous price

Last edited by 97Beater4WD; 02-23-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:09 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

What do you mean your back windshield is useless now wart? It blocks out people who are douches and turn on their brights right behind you. When I upgraded my spare to a 31 finally, it blocks out a little more light than the stock spare did back there lol. And I just put regular lugs back there on the rack. Hopefully no one is that desperate to steal a tire.

And I have locking lugs on my camaro wheels. I originally got them for the 17x9 camaro ss wheels I was going to put on. But those wheels didn't work out. So I kept the black locking lug set and put them on my 15x7 camaro wheels I have on there now. Just make sure you keep the socket in your blazer lol. And also, the socket is kind of soft, so you have to give it some tlc.

Old 02-25-2012, 01:13 PM
Starting Member

Talk about a PITA.

I went to the salvage yard yesterday and there were about 70 s10 blazers, there were about 40 first gens, 20 of them had tire carriers. 30 second gens. Only one of those 30 were a two door, and that was a Blazer Extreme.

Blazer Extreme= No rear carrier.

SMH.

I had to do something yesterday, so i threw some roof lights on. Pics in build.

Old 02-26-2012, 01:51 AM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Wisco Blazer
Talk about a PITA.

I went to the salvage yard yesterday and there were about 70 s10 blazers, there were about 40 first gens, 20 of them had tire carriers. 30 second gens. Only one of those 30 were a two door, and that was a Blazer Extreme.

Blazer Extreme= No rear carrier.

SMH.

I had to do something yesterday, so i threw some roof lights on. Pics in build.
Wow! Tough luck! I'm amazed though, the most Blazers I've ever seen at a salvage yard is like 2. A first and a second gen. Looks like I should check out the big city ones.

Old 02-26-2012, 11:52 AM
Starting Member

Might be going to Milwaukee today to pick one up off a 00' ZR2 for $50! WOOOOOT!

Quick Reply: so you want a tire carrier on your 4 door?? - DISCUSSION THREAD