Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

165 Db

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 01:20 AM
randomhero79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: 165 Db

the one we used was in like a backpack thing... i didnt really check it out

Old 07-03-2006, 03:20 AM
1996BZR is an unknown quantity at this point

well guys...I have to say....I have the best system. My system consists of two Alpine type S 12" subs powered by an Alpine amp that was given to me so I don't know what the power is. But I haven't messed up any windshields! Of course, I have the amp set to probably half power, cuz the people in the back seat get a headache when it's any louder. I've spent 25 dollars on the wiring for the amp, 70 dollars for two boxes, and the subs and amp were given to me. The man who gets out the cheapest wins!!!!!

ps: My system hits 5000000000000000db....easily!

Old 07-04-2006, 02:22 AM
97blazer44 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes you guys have to watch where your being metered at, the mic goes on the passanger side window witha suction cup. I have seen places put the mic right in front of the subs and meter them that way, of course your gonna be hitting a high number when the mic is that close. I have seen a car completly sealed off with dynamat, expanding foam, and roof tar and 2 kicker comp vr's on a Hifonics Brutus 1500.1, 0 gauge wire, big 3 only hit a 137. So I dont see you hitting anywhere near 165, maybe 140ish.. maybe. And if your gonna have your truck running you just bumped yourself into a higher class where you have no chance of competing...

Old 07-04-2006, 06:01 AM
FatRyan is an unknown quantity at this point

its not about what you got or how many watts or the size, etc. sure those do affect the spl, but sound pressure levels are completely install dependent. you should always start by finding the resonant frequency of your vehicle and tuning your box accordingly. ive seen some systems with amazing potential but they sucked ***...like this kid today actually, lol. lincoln nav, 4 15" L7s, and 2 kicker 2500's, walled off. dont get me wrong, it was loud (set off a car alarm immediatly), but mine wasnt even too far behind and im runing like 1/3 of the wattage and im not even trying that hard to achieve high spl. the worst part of course was that the kid didnt even know **** about car audio. when i asked what amps he had, he named the price...not the model. and he kept stating that theyre "hidden". wow, mommy spoiled you...congrats...you dont deserve a system if u dont even know what your running let alone know how to set it all up (sorry, that kinda **** pisses me the **** off, lol). and ive also seen setups that are like 600watts with 1 sub that hit over 150dbs. now thats just insane. if you know what your doing, and you do it right, you can have a hell of a system at a low price.

Old 07-05-2006, 05:58 PM
boomtruck97 is an unknown quantity at this point

well, i may not be a master installer but i did install mine all by my lonesome - and with a broken foot to boot. over the weekend i put in a DVD head, sony active crossover, 2x 2channel 200 watts for coax speakers, and i custom built a set of boxes -each with 2 chambers - to hold the 4 12" LA subs @ 750 watts each. i wired the 4 speakers to 4 ohm then into my amp that supplies 1000 watts at 4 ohm bridged. its only about 60% up but you notice it. i didnt crack anything but it does really pound hard. i was stopped at a light the other day and the lil mazda next to me was mad because i was shaking his drivers side mirror.

Old 07-05-2006, 06:29 PM
BF Veteran
XBlazer01 has a spectacular aura aboutXBlazer01 has a spectacular aura about

ORIGINAL: boomtruck97

well, i may not be a master installer but i did install mine all by my lonesome - and with a broken foot to boot. over the weekend i put in a DVD head, sony active crossover, 2x 2channel 200 watts for coax speakers, and i custom built a set of boxes -each with 2 chambers - to hold the 4 12" LA subs @ 750 watts each. i wired the 4 speakers to 4 ohm then into my amp that supplies 1000 watts at 4 ohm bridged. its only about 60% up but you notice it. i didnt crack anything but it does really pound hard. i was stopped at a light the other day and the lil mazda next to me was mad because i was shaking his drivers side mirror.
'

Dude isnt that fun! People at the lights have they're stupid stickers that say crap like Can You hear Me Now and they have some POS sub from walmart blaring it. Then u turn urs on like volume 10 and they cry! Good times.............. Then I got pulled over by the cop

Old 07-06-2006, 12:55 AM

every day i **** at least 15 people off, lol. ive had so many people yell at me and flip me off, its fun. not nice...but fun

Old 07-06-2006, 01:53 AM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

ORIGINAL: XBlazer01

ORIGINAL: boomtruck97

'

Dude isnt that fun! People at the lights have they're stupid stickers that say crap like Can You hear Me Now and they have some POS sub from walmart blaring it. Then u turn urs on like volume 10 and they cry! Good times.............. Then I got pulled over by the cop

hahahaha thats great lol[8D]

Old 07-06-2006, 11:24 AM
boomtruck97 is an unknown quantity at this point

if it makes you feel any better, these are just my temp subs, i will be ordering another one of these amps and replacing the subs with Rockford Fosgate T2 12's (4 of them)

Old 07-06-2006, 12:01 PM

im trying to add 2 more solos to my setup. my merlin will run down to .5ohms safely for daily. so that should be around 3600watts cont, lol. cant wait!

Quick Reply: 165 Db