Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

1997 Blazer CD player

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 06:06 PM
Beginning Member
Chevyblazer97 is on a distinguished road
Default 1997 Blazer CD player

Hello, I just bought a 1997 Blazer and the stock CD player works with some CD's, but with most it just says "ERR" and pops them back out. The CD's are clean and not burnt. Any ideas on how to fix this problem, please post any ideas as I am new to Blazers.

Thanks

Old 02-25-2011, 06:15 PM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

are you sure the CD's arnt copied in mp3 format? if they are CD's that you burned you may have accidentally copied them in mp3 format and the stock CD wont read mp3's. i have made this mistake once before.

Old 02-25-2011, 06:20 PM
Beginning Member

No they aren't burnt, just some CD's like Metallica, some of them work, some dont. Some are newer CD's, some are older.

Old 02-25-2011, 06:34 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

From the owner's manual:

Compact Disc Messages

ERR (Error):
If this message appears and the disc comes out, it could be for one of the following reasons:

If you’re driving on a very rough road. When the road becomes smooth the disc should play.

If it’s very hot. When the temperature returns to normal, the disc should play.

The disc is upside down.

It is dirty, scratched or wet.

The air is very humid. (If so, wait about an hour and try again.)

If the CD is not playing correctly, for any other reason, try a known good CD.

Press RECALL to make ERR go off of the display.

If any error occurs repeatedly or if an error can’t be corrected, contact your dealer.

Old 02-25-2011, 06:42 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried a laser eye cleaning disk?

Old 02-25-2011, 06:48 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Or a good blast from canned air?

Old 02-25-2011, 07:13 PM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, I'll try these tomorrow as its night time and freezing right now. I haven't tried any of these so hopefully they will work.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:55 PM
JRob238 is on a distinguished road

Had the same thing happen to mine. I never got the thing to work. Its my understanding the stock radios were pretty crappy to begin with. I swapped mine out for an aftermarket unit. Best solution i found.

Old 02-27-2011, 09:58 AM
Beginning Member

Nothing worked Guess I'll have to take it part later, or buy a new one.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:53 AM
Beginning Member
lt1/ta is on a distinguished road

What did you end up doing?

Quick Reply: 1997 Blazer CD player