Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

2 subwoofer question

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 11:32 PM
AtreyuManiac is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2 subwoofer question

So best buy has a Dual - 12" 1100 watt 4 ohm enclosed subwoofers.
2 subs in an enclosed box.
the brand is DUAL.
The rms is 600watts.
so what is the cheapest but best mono amp i can get to run 600 watts rms to the subs.

I just ordered an alpine cda-9883 that im going to install myself when i get it because it seems simple.

but im going to go to best buy to get the amp and sub installed because i dont want to ruin anything.

I want the Dual setup they sell because its nice for 160 bucks. 2 subs and an enclosed box...hard to beat.

AND...it lights up blue

Old 12-03-2007, 11:46 PM
RidnClean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: 2 subwoofer question

your going to here it from me and alot more others
dont buy those cheap subs

Old 12-03-2007, 11:48 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

you could honestly buy a brand new sub and build a box for the same price, and kill those duals in output any day of the week. If you put an acutal 600 watts to those subs, they will fry. I have first-hand experience with them. Have pulled many of those packages out of cars.

Here, Kicker CVR 12.
build a box for it, done.
Amp

next choice

Alpine
with kicker amp

Honestly, those duals are not very good subs. Im sorry if people on here have them, they are not good.

Old 12-04-2007, 12:50 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

dont buy them.

that is what i have HAD and they were pretty bad. i realize its a good deal (i payed $100 for mine and it came with a Dual460w amp) but they dont seem to be a functional woofer. there is constant distortion even with the gain turned down. they play high frequenciesand they can barely squeak out the low notes.

sorry to shoot your ideas down. im just giving my experience... for the longest time, i thought they were good, i thought all subwoofers made odd noises like the Duals and then a couple months ago, i was riding in a friends grand cherokee and he had a single RF punch stage1 and it sounded phenominal compared to mine. since then, i have uninstalled my Duals and im in the process of building a new box for my kicker cvr. i consider myself lucky b/c imselling my old setup for $150 (subs, box, amp, all the wire)

if you have your heart set on them, you can go ahead and buy them. i had an older version of the same thing. as far as i can tell the only thing different b/w mine and the current setup BB has is the box looks cooler. they might be different subwoofers but i doubt it

Old 12-04-2007, 09:21 AM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

if you buy the duals I will personally fly to your house just to backhand you. you get what you pay for.

Old 12-04-2007, 10:44 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

ouch!

when a stage 1 punch sounds phenominal, you have problems, lol

Old 12-04-2007, 12:48 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

ORIGINAL: hillbillyinOhio

you could honestly buy a brand new sub and build a box for the same price, and kill those duals in output any day of the week. If you put an acutal 600 watts to those subs, they will fry. I have first-hand experience with them. Have pulled many of those packages out of cars.

Here, Kicker CVR 12.
build a box for it, done.
Amp

next choice

Alpine
with kicker amp

Honestly, those duals are not very good subs. Im sorry if people on here have them, they are not good.
very true pat.....trust me man, you dont want those subs. buy something better and build ur own box. You will be much happier

Old 12-04-2007, 01:20 PM

haha alright. i originally wanted an all alpine system until my girlfriends type e sub blew and we went to a car audio shop and the guy told us alpine is phenomenal at making decks and amps but not so much with subs. I originally was going to get a type r and a v powered amp but it ended up costing too much. The shop guy talked about pioneer subs and jl audio subs. My gf got a pioneer. A 300 watt one and it hit way harder than the type e ever saw in its lifetime. Buying subs off of ebay is cool for the price but i like having atleast the manufacturers warranty encase i do blow the sub or something. I bought my deck off crutchfield yesterday so i should get it any day now. I think ill just go with buying a sub and amp offline and taking it in to get it installed.

All i know about the dual subs is i listened to them at best buy and they hit good, didnt sound too bad at all. But i guess when really put to the test and put up against others theyre just blown away. The Duals that is. I want to achieve the cleanest most powerful bass for the cheapest amount of money.

Old 12-04-2007, 01:26 PM

i do have a friend running an alpine type r 12 and it sounds great though. Does anyone know how a type s handles?

Old 12-04-2007, 01:54 PM
Jharper is infamous around these partsJharper is infamous around these parts

duals are not good subs, it would definatly be cheaper in the long run to buya 12 thats better quality, build your own box, get an amp to power it, and go on your way. also it is very simple to install it yourself, no need to have best buy do it, they ruined my friends cd player because they hooked it up wrong.

Quick Reply: 2 subwoofer question