Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

2000 Blazer Radio problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 07:07 PM
2kblaze is on a distinguished road
Default 2000 Blazer Radio problems

I am new to the forum and I just need a little help....I have a 2k blazer and I tried installing a jvc head unit in it and lets just say it didnt work. So I went back to put the stock radio in and now the radio just lights up and nothing appears on the radio screen just back light, also the fuel guage,temp gauge,tachometer and speedo are not working. at the moment. Not really sure where to go with it from here.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:11 PM
steelrfn is an unknown quantity at this point

Two thoughts jump to mind. The first is that you may have simply blown a fuse, and the second is that if you were attempting to splice in the new unit you may have cut the wrong wire.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:41 PM

well i bought a new gm radio harness and spliced it in like the old one because the terminals in the connector were super loose. It's weird becasuse there are 2 dark green wires and 2 light green wires. On the gm website ( I can use it because I was a GM Technician) The wiring diagram says that one of the green wires is a Vss wire (vehicle speed sensor wire. This thing has me all sorts of confused.

Old 04-04-2011, 08:18 PM

OK, you are way deeper into this than I thought
Hopefully one of the more knowledgeable folks can help you with the vss wire, because I have no idea why that would even be in the vehicle side of the harness.
You do mean that you replaced the vehicle side of the harness, right?
I always just grab one of the aftermarket harnesses and install it on the new head unit.

Old 04-04-2011, 08:34 PM
Leeann_Bravada is an unknown quantity at this point

The VSS wire is used for the automatic volume control - increases the volume when your speed increases, decreases the volume when your speed decreases.

Old 04-04-2011, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Leeann_Bravada
The VSS wire is used for the automatic volume control - increases the volume when your speed increases, decreases the volume when your speed decreases.
Thanks, that makes sense.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:48 AM

I know what the vss is for but I can't get everything to work again. Im pretty sure im hooking it up right.

Old 04-05-2011, 12:04 PM

Btw the only part of the harness I replaced was the connector that plugs in to the back of the radio that's it.

Old 04-07-2011, 06:23 PM

Any luck figuring it out yet? I am really curious to find out what is causing the problem.

And, this is probably a dumb question at this point, but did you try and completely remove the radio and then try it?

Old 04-09-2011, 03:29 PM

Yea I have tried that....im gonna work on it tomorrow with one of my buddies...we will see how that goes.

Quick Reply: 2000 Blazer Radio problems