Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

2001 Blazer Audio Problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 05:04 PM
lilwalker20 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation 2001 Blazer Audio Problems

I have a 2001 2 Door Blazer and my stock stereo no longer works so i have boughten an aftermarket pioneer radio and a METRA kit to install my problem is how do i mount the radio into the kit its just not working i have a din sleeve from the stereo but i have no idea how to install it.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Old 02-20-2010, 09:22 PM
jjnemoiii is on a distinguished road

Did you look on the Metra website? They have all of the manuals there, I'm rolling stock yet on my 2001, so I haven't had to get a kit yet...

Old 02-21-2010, 09:22 PM
Sadchevy is on a distinguished road

the din sleeve should slide into the metra adapter...then there should be small triangular tabs on the sleeve that you bend out to secure the sleeve in the adapter.

Old 02-22-2010, 10:06 PM
Beginning Member
knightryderx2 is on a distinguished road

I just bought me a deck from crutchfield and it came with the dash kit. It also came with instructions on how to do it. If I can get them attached here you will be in business...

Old 02-22-2010, 10:09 PM
Beginning Member

I think it worked. Its an adobe file so yeah...

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
120993300.pdf (57.4 KB, 382 views)
Old 02-23-2010, 02:57 PM
Default Wiring problems

Thankyou so much that helped a ton but now i cant figure out the wiring (im helpless) ok i located all of the wires coming from the speakers according to a post by hillbillyinohio: but i have a 2001 2 door chevy blazer and i cannot find the Switched 12v+ yellow wire the only wire that is yellow in the stock hog tie is the - left rear speaker and ther is an organge but im not sure if its correct the wires are all the same size so there is no way for me to determine and there are also many more wires than i need to hook up to my aftermarket stereo what should i do with those? and pictures and or directions anyone has would be great!!! thanks get back to me if u can.

Constant 12V+ Orange
Switched 12V+ Yellow
Ground Black
Illumination Gray
Dimmer Brown
Antenna Trigger Pink
Antenna Right Front
Front Speakers 4" x 6" Dash
Left Front (+) Tan
Left Front (-) Gray
Right Front (+) Light Green
Right Front (-) Dark Green
Rear Speakers 6" x 9" Side Panels
Left Rear (+) Brown
Left Rear (-) Yellow
Right Rear (+) Dark Blue
Right Rear (-) Light Blue

Old 02-23-2010, 04:25 PM
prosnowsk8er is on a distinguished road

are you using a wiring harness....typically you would unplug the one from your factory unit and then plug in this connector into the factory one. "then you arnt hacking up your factory wiring all to shreds" i've installed a ton of decks and have always gone this way. 9 times out of 10 all your wires will be exactly where you need them and then your just matching up the coloured pairs and splicing those together...

does that make any sense at all?

Old 02-23-2010, 04:59 PM
Starting Member
DSMayo is on a distinguished road

I agree with prosnowsk8er, using a wire harness is the best way to go. Just match up the colors from the aftermarket deck and the harness. You can then just plug right into your stock wiring.

If you ever plan on upgrading your HU or adding amplifiers - a wire harness will save you lots of troubles down the road!

Old 02-23-2010, 10:20 PM
Beginning Member

Agree 100%... Get your self a wiring harness, its a straight forward way to hook up the wires. You can usually get them at autoparts stores or car audio shops. You can defiantly order one from online, like crutchfield.com.
like this one...
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1207018...s.html?tp=2977

Old 02-24-2010, 06:28 PM

yes it does make some sence but im not sure of the product is it like an adapter? because i have the stock connecter then there is a connecter that goes into the stereo just leaving wires coming out of my head unit that need to be sautered to my factory wires but are u saying there is a product that eliminates the sautering by plugging into the factory connecter then just connecting my wires from the new head unit to this wireing harness?

Quick Reply: 2001 Blazer Audio Problems