Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

2003 Blazer Radio Problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 08:24 PM
numus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2003 Blazer Radio Problem

I have a 2003 Chevy Blazer and i had a mechanic do my NC inspection on it and they replaced the serpentine belt and stuff.. and since then my radio has been during off when the ignition is turned off.. not when the door is opened.. This is very strange because for 4 years now it has turned off not when i turn the engine off but when i open the door after i turn the engine off..
Also i have am amplifier and subwoofers off the main radio and now the Amp wont power on.. The power cable and ground look fine.. could my headunit for my radio be bad and cause the amp not to turn on.. or is my amp blown?
I checked all fuses for the amp and they are still in good working order...
Also the radio seems to get static sounds and sounds like some of the speakers go off and on randomly..

Old 01-17-2008, 09:03 PM
ltown21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: 2003 Blazer Radio Problem

this one should be in the audio/visual forum but for the retained accessory power, (what keeps the radio on after you shut the truck off) there is a fuse under the hood labeled "RAP" try changing that one. And for the amp not turning on, recheck all your cables. I'm betting that the remote wire has come loose. Also check/replace the fuses for the amp. Both on the amp and on the power wire (hope you have one on your power wire!!) Even though the fuses might look fine, they can be blown so you never know.

Old 01-17-2008, 11:20 PM

How do i remove the panel so i can remove the headunit and check the harness and everything.. i cant fit my hand under the dash and reach in so i am guessing the only option i have is through the dash...

Also will the RAP effect windows too? becaus ethe windows roll up when the engine is off.... just hte radio... and yes my power cable has a fuse in it.. 2 fuses.. one on the amp and one at the battery cable...

Old 01-17-2008, 11:27 PM

Nope the RAP fuse is perfectly fine...

Old 01-19-2008, 03:10 PM

any ideas?

Old 01-19-2008, 03:13 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Dash bezel removal

Old 01-20-2008, 12:06 AM

hmm, well then i would suggest changing the fuses just to be sure and disconnect the negative battert cable and let it sit for a bit. this has helped me a few times, but not sure if it is actually doing anything, just an idea

Old 01-21-2008, 02:29 PM

Welll i took the dash off and removed the head unit.. They didnt use a new harness on the stock radio.. they just tied in the control wire to a green wire and the bandpass filters onto other wires... the control wire looks connected and everything but the amp is still not turning on.. The power cable looks fine and i replaced the fuse in the power cable but still nothing..
Also the radio is still turning off with the engine not with the door.. any ideas?

Old 01-21-2008, 03:27 PM

wait is it appear stock behind the radio? bandpass filters? please elaborate. As i understand, your using a stock radio with an external amplifier. right?

Old 01-21-2008, 03:55 PM

CircuitCity installed the amp and subwoofer in this blazer..i had originally installed it in my cavalier that i had before this but my dad sold that when i was in college and ripped the wires and amp and subs out of the cavalier.. and since i didn't have time to install it they had circuitcity do it..
The harness looks like the stock harness kit and they stripped the wires and tied the remote cable into a green one and the bandpass filter which the amp audio cable hooks into...
It appears to be stock harness kit with the bandpass filter spliced into it and stuck behind the headunit...

Quick Reply: 2003 Blazer Radio Problem