Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

2nd Gen Custom CB Mount

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 07:45 PM
Biohazed is on a distinguished road
Default 2nd Gen Custom CB Mount

WEll I've been having alot of problems with the Roof mounted Wilson 2000 on the rack so I've decided to do something different, so the plan is to mount a 102" SS Whip on the back side of the '95. So here comes the first Issue... how to mount it, 2 will the mount be strong enought to hold the 102" Whip? so at work I started on a Bracket to Address. the mounting of the SS 102" Whip:
First ICut a peice of 1/8" Steel down 2"x11" the marked out the measurements for the bends

After doing some Basic 90 degree torch bends the mount starts to take shape:

and after about 10 trips out to my Blazer and a series of hot and cold bends the bracket is curved to contour to the body:

Tomorrow i hope to drill all the holes and paint it and attach the aluminum 90 degree mount and hopefully have it installed on the Truck so stay tuned!

Old 12-07-2009, 09:40 PM
elementtrev is on a distinguished road

looks good where do you plan to mount it?

Old 12-08-2009, 06:43 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

x2...where is this going?
When I get my CB I always planned on having a 102" whip. What about mounting it to the rear bumper corner? Is it too weak since its plastic?

Old 12-08-2009, 09:53 AM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks good, I have been thinking about getting the 102" whip, but wasn't sure how to mount it!

Old 12-08-2009, 02:42 PM
sporty_drew is on a distinguished road

Can't wait to see this.

Old 12-08-2009, 06:41 PM

well had a busy day at work today sos didn't get finished .... got the holes drilled and it painted though, tomorrow it will getting installed, lol

as for mounting it is bent to curve around the rear body above the taillight on the Drivers side, just I've noticed i beng the antenna less on the drivers side than the passengers side for some reason lol. and C.B.ing is also one of my hobbies so i chose a shighty higher mounting point for for that reasons.

the Bumper corners most likely will not work because they are to flimsy and cause too much flex and will eventually tear.

the Idea of the design was to make it kind of like a Bracket for a 2 door Spare tire holder or at least use the idea by bolting into the side and rear is should be stable enough to never break or damage the body.

made a couple of small goofs like i should of bent the the one part 3" instead of 2" but its livable lol.

Old 12-08-2009, 10:44 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Sisk
x2...where is this going?
When I get my CB I always planned on having a 102" whip. What about mounting it to the rear bumper corner? Is it too weak since its plastic?

Won't work unless you ground it really good and its too weak

Old 12-09-2009, 07:35 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

That's what I thought. Too bad since that would probably be the best spot for it.

Old 12-09-2009, 05:58 PM

Ok well did the final size up today and well i'm not happy with it due to the curve of the body it makes the tail section drop down too much and looks shotty, so obviously a simple mount will not work for this application so I consulted with a friend at work and decided to make a template of the rear quarter above the taillight today and came up with a new mount idea that will work. Its is definatly more complex that the one that I was building but should be that much nicer when when done. hell if it comes out as nice as the Template I may be taking orders to make some more if anyone wants one lol

Old 12-10-2009, 09:05 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

Make sure its grounded real well or you'll have SWR all over the place.

Quick Reply: 2nd Gen Custom CB Mount