Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

3rd horn

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 07:00 PM
victoryredblazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 3rd horn

Hello I am new to this forum. Today I mounted an extra horn (got it for $10 at harbor freight tool co) It is exactly like the two stock horns. It may sound crazy but I cant ell if I did it right. I ran it in parallel off of the passenger side horn, it is mounted behind the big black box (dont know what it does) which sits behind the engine coolent resivour. When I installed it I initally disconected the passenger side horn, and gave it a honk to hear how loud 1 horn is, definatly louder now however it dosent sound much louder then 2 horns. So I dont know if i did it right or if one horn is not functoning. It is definatly louder then 1 horn.

---------greenwire<====horn1-------horn2
----------blackwire<=====|--------------|

<spliced wire
= two wires
- one wire
| connection to horn

Old 02-22-2005, 11:50 PM
Default UPDATE!

Update! they all work, I had a friend honk the horn while I listened near each of them with the hood open, they definatly all work! Much louder outside the truck. If anybody is wondering its the E model horn which is just like the stock horn, not the F.

Old 02-23-2005, 04:18 PM
timetoblaze is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: UPDATE!

thats cool you should have just got an airhorn in there those things are bad ***

Old 02-23-2005, 11:16 PM

Your right in hind site I should have. The good points about air horn is it would be louder then my three. The bad point is that it would be harder to mount without taking out the existing two horns and would cost me $40 (at harbor freight). My 3rd horn cost me $10 and kept 2 existing horns. However is I exer really want to upgrade again It would be very easy to replace the new 3rd horn with the fan part of the air horn then I would only have to figure where to mount the two horn parts and air toobing. I dont want to drill my roof but I guess I could mount them low where the tow hooks are, If the toobing is long enough. Maybe that will be a later project. Maybe I should have thought of that from the start. When I get my picture phone (soon) I will update with pics.

Old 02-24-2005, 02:49 PM
benzodogg is an unknown quantity at this point

You should just forget all that mess and get one of the AAAoooooooooogA horns from the early 1900's. They are saaweeeet! Either that or a Dukes of Hazzard horn...j/k Also, what is the purpose of putting in more horns? Is your stock one not loud enough or do you just not like it. I have never heard of someone doing that. Not trying to antagonize, just wondering....Let me know

Old 02-24-2005, 06:32 PM
01xtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

I was wondering the same thing. I've heard of people putting in special "musical" horns but that about it. Maybe put in one of those fog horns that ships' use. That'll scare the daylights outta some a-hole that cuts you off. lol

Old 02-24-2005, 09:37 PM
Retired Admin
zero psi is an unknown quantity at this point

i think suicidedoors.com sells a bad *** airhorn thats supposedlly deafining. hhhmmmmm...i do have an extra port on my air tank...[sm=icon_flaming.gif]

Old 02-24-2005, 09:43 PM
01xtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

I just looked on their site....are you talking about the train horn???

Old 02-24-2005, 09:45 PM
Retired Admin
zero psi is an unknown quantity at this point

yup! thats it! think they would be loud enough?

Old 02-24-2005, 11:14 PM

I added the third one mosly because I wanted a louder horn for driving in the city, people here will just stop and talk to people on the sidewalk and hold up traffic, and it feals like Im the only one who will actually honk at them. A train horn would be awsome.

Quick Reply: 3rd horn