Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

4x6 pioneer speakers

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 03:28 PM
Starting Member
Numba1Sean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 4x6 pioneer speakers

i just replaced the dash speakers with TS-A4672R pioneer speakers. they sound to good to a point, but im not use to the highs being so clear and all lol. my prob is that i can't get the stock speaker cover to lay flush like it was. should i trim up the edges closest to me. basically the first set of screw holes are getting hung up on the plate (I THINK). any advice would be appreciated.i also bought these TS-G1642R will i have any prob trying to get these in the doors?

Old 04-16-2008, 04:53 PM
Starting Member
lionel2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: 4x6 pioneer speakers

what year blazer??

Old 04-16-2008, 04:54 PM
Starting Member
lionel2 is an unknown quantity at this point

my bad..its a 1998...umm..not sure...are the speakers down as far as they can go?

Old 04-16-2008, 08:14 PM
Starting Member

yea they are as far as they can go. i never usually have a prob with my audio stuff. i guess there is a first for everything.

Old 04-17-2008, 11:38 AM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

ya i put in the same speakers in my dash on my 94 and i had the hardest time fitting the driver side one w/ the gauge cluster goin back. i just kinda shaved the corner of the cluster a lil bit and kept pushin and shovin it in there till it fit. then i also had trouble fitting the factory covers. i just kept tryin each and every way and kept pushin it around till i finally got it to fit. lol not the best way but ya it looks good.

Old 04-17-2008, 02:25 PM
Onimun is an unknown quantity at this point

I had the same problem on my first gen. Put some infinity speakers in the dash and theywouldnt fit basicallt. So i just kinda left them sitting up above the dash. Looks find in my opinion.

Old 04-17-2008, 02:32 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

ya u could always make a bracket so that they sit just above the dash and look nice and then just use the speaker grills they give u.

Old 04-17-2008, 02:46 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

I would just trim down that circular part of the grille that is interferring with the speaker. I had the same problem on my 98 dash speakers. Turns out I got European mounts for the speakers, but got too good of deal on the speakers. So I just trimmed and made them fit.

Old 04-17-2008, 04:15 PM
Starting Member

yea next problem my TS-G1642R pioneers won't fit in the rear doors as far as the holes do not line up so what i do now. there suppose to fit and worst part is i have the same set for the front doors. please help me out here. at least the 4x6's lined up with the holes. these 6.5's im just baffled by

Old 04-17-2008, 04:43 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

My 6.5" work fine, but did not line up with the holes either. I just lined as many of them as possible up and then drilled new mounting holes. Just make sure to use a bit smaller in diameter than the threads of the screws you are using. Good luck and post up if you have anymore questions. Oh and I had to do the same thing for the front speakers.

Quick Reply: 4x6 pioneer speakers