Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

'93 blazer install help/question

Old 03-01-2007, 05:30 PM
burns is an unknown quantity at this point
Default '93 blazer install help/question

Well, I got a day of warm weather so I went to check out and plan out my attack for putting in my system eventually closer to the spring and i've never been so confused in my life. Underneath my steering wheel its such a mess full of wires I don't even know where to look to see if the person before me had the metra wiring kit already installed. I know they had an amp kit installed but I have no idea how they did this without an aftermarket cd player.

I'm not sure how I go about installing the head unit. I know it's going where the tape player used to be (i'm getting the dash kit online, and probably going to order the wiring kit as a just incase). I took the tape player out to see what I had for wires and there was nothing behind that, so i'm guessing i'll have to take apart the dash where the am/fm stereo part is and the wires should either be up there, or do you think their down below... I'm going to take a picture with my camera phone of underneath my steering wheel and see if anybody knows what the hells going on, i'm pretty sure it's not supposed to look the way it is.

edit: sorry about oversized, and bad quality pictures from my phone. First two pics are understeering wheel, then cd changer under drivers seat, passenger seat wiring (looks like an 10/8 gauge wiring kit, but the speaker wires confuse me right there), pic of cd changer control ceiling mounted, and the dash and truck.

-I'm pretty good with audio components and installing but I don't want to **** with wires that I'm not sure what they do.

Old 03-01-2007, 05:44 PM
burns is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: '93 blazer install help/question

Old 03-01-2007, 06:30 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

you are going to have to pull out the tape deck as well. That sucks. looks like they added a line out convertor to switch from speaker leads to RCA's. If you search for speaker wiring on this site, you will find the correct codes for your truck. If you have any other questions, you can pm me as well.

Old 03-02-2007, 01:52 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

thats quite the gonge of wires [8D]sure am glad im not an electrician.