Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

...97 radio install kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 12:34 AM
Beginning Member
Eraston is on a distinguished road
Default ...97 radio install kit

ok, forgive me if i shouldn't post this but i can't seem to find it or im stupid, and yes i googled.

I can't find a 97 blazer radio install kit anywhere. ( i cant use ebay so thats outn of the question. )

im using the only one i could find wich is a 98+ one from walmart and let me tell you...it looks like crap and is eventually gonna get stolen.

i plan on throwing my truck into a audio/visual comp. soon and this is the only flaw i have.

Old 02-21-2010, 01:07 AM
Beginning Member
90Conan is on a distinguished road

Why can you not use ebay? Also, try a local audio outlet, they will either have yours in stock or be able to order it for you.

Old 02-21-2010, 01:15 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

single or double DIn?
if you are entering contests... you may want to consider not shopping at Walmart for audio stuff.

Old 02-21-2010, 08:11 AM
Starting Member
taba5 is on a distinguished road

IIRC you cant use doubledin on some of the later blazers, the depth is not deep enough to accomodate DD receivers, However there is a single din kit like I run in my 97 which is the best i could find and it is for a single din, i dont like how the radio is out a bit but i honestly think thats the best its gonna get..

And in all honesty if a thief wants something bad enough "they" will find any way to get it.

Old 02-21-2010, 10:40 AM
Beginning Member
Eraston is on a distinguished road

i refuse to use paypal...my last paypal was hacked into and more than enough damage was done to mess me up.

----

and the only thing i got at walmart was the kit...honestly the install kit is nothing so i dont think buying that at walmart matters :P

Old 02-22-2010, 10:20 PM
Beginning Member
knightryderx2 is on a distinguished road

Crutchfield.com is a good place to start researching what will fit your car. Also on what you want to run and how much it will cost. They throw in most of the install parts and instructions free and also tell you what else you will need if you order a certain thing. If you dont buy from them its at least a good place to start for what you might need and such.

Old 03-04-2010, 12:54 PM
Beginning Member
ryanarmstrong is on a distinguished road

none of the above use a kit from a 1999 tahoe or above and cut behind the deck slot on dash for it to fit otherwise it wont fit believe me i have a 1997 gmc jimmy

Old 11-06-2010, 08:29 AM
Nek
Starting Member
Nek is on a distinguished road

I used the single din radio kit for a 98+ Oldsmobile Bravada and it fit perfect. Now I'm trying to find a way to install a double din in my 97 Blazer.

Old 11-06-2010, 09:44 PM
zerepdivad is on a distinguished road

wal-mart kits are bottom of the barrel. get a metra or scosche one from an audio shop.

Old 11-07-2010, 07:13 AM
Beginning Member
loud97 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by zerepdivad
wal-mart kits are bottom of the barrel. get a metra or scosche one from an audio shop.
so you think theres a difference between the scosche ones at wal mart and scosche ones at an audio store?

Quick Reply: ...97 radio install kit