Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

99 blazer Dash speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 09:53 AM
Starting Member
dano440 is on a distinguished road
Default 99 blazer Dash speakers?

my 99 blazer driver's side dash speaker sounds like it is blown, is it a normal speaker or is it a tweeter as I have read in some threads.

I might this weekend or next be putting in a heater core so i am to find a replacement for it or both while I have everything torn a part.

everything in this old truck is oem.

Old 03-27-2012, 09:58 AM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

On my brava it's a tweeter. Thought the pass side was rattling.. it was a little but the main prob was in the door.

If you put in an aftermarket like a 'kicker' with big magnet you may have clearance probs with plastic behind it.. on mine I heated and made a dimple in the duct to clear the magnet

Old 03-27-2012, 10:44 AM
Starting Member
killallblue is on a distinguished road

Mine had a tweet I took it out and put a powerbass in there sounds good

Old 03-27-2012, 11:19 AM
Starting Member

are they speakers hard to get out of the dash it looks (note looks) like there is two screws in the grill to gain access to the speaker.

is the opening the sames size as the door speakers or in other words will a door speaker work if its not a tweeter. i am shopping around on eBay looking for a speaker or tweeter. from what I read it needs to be 8 ohms.

like I said, I will be in the next couple of weeks putting in a heater core so I have the dash disassembled then and would like to change it out then.

Old 03-27-2012, 11:32 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by dano440
are they speakers hard to get out of the dash it looks (note looks) like there is two screws in the grill to gain access to the speaker.

is the opening the sames size as the door speakers or in other words will a door speaker work if its not a tweeter. i am shopping around on eBay looking for a speaker or tweeter. from what I read it needs to be 8 ohms.

like I said, I will be in the next couple of weeks putting in a heater core so I have the dash disassembled then and would like to change it out then.
Yes two screws.. It's pretty easy. No, not same as doors. And they are 4 ohm, in mine anyway. Mind what I wrote. With the dash OUT you may not see the install problem.

Amazon.com: Kicker 11ds46 4x6 Coaxil Speakers Pair Rohs Co: Car Electronics

These sound pretty good but I think they are overdone {magnet size-wise} for the application

Old 03-27-2012, 11:38 AM
Starting Member

in the same thought there is there any special tools need to remove the dash? back when I was turning wrench some companies you had to have special tool (FORD) to take the radio out, and there was no air bags to deal with.

Old 03-27-2012, 11:48 AM
BF Veteran

do a search, dano. Read my sig!
PART of my mission here is to help- people think for themselves

Old 03-28-2012, 12:25 PM
Starting Member

well I took off the grill and seen that mines a tweeter, ordered a replacement last night. I hope it get here by the time I start in on the heater core.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:11 AM
Starting Member
Antbankz is on a distinguished road

well I took off the grill and seen that mines a tweeter, ordered a replacement last night. I hope it get here by the time I start in on the heater core.
did u get an oem replacement tweeter or after market? and does the tweeter remove easily?

Old 04-04-2012, 02:17 AM
Starting Member
Antbankz is on a distinguished road

did u get an oem replacement tweeter or after market? and does the tweeter remove easily?

Quick Reply: 99 blazer Dash speakers?