Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

99 stock cd player

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 12:51 PM
Beginning Member
3day is on a distinguished road
Default 99 stock cd player

So I just picked up a 99 blazer a few weeks ago. The kid who I bought it from had an aftermarket cd player half assed in the stock location. No dash kit, just sitting in the hole. Well I went down to a local salvage yard and found a 2000 blazer with a factory delco cd player in it. I cut out the harness and brought the thing home. Wired everything up and nothing works. When I plug the unit in the cd player engauges but no display. If I hit the eject button I can hear it working but nothing happens. Also if I press the recall button the time will light up for about 5 seconds then shut off. The harness has 15 color coded wires and the only one I had an issue was the fact that in the harness there are 2 identical small green wires. Does this mean the unit is bad? Is there a way to repair them? I do not want an aftermarket cd player, I want a factory unit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Old 10-30-2010, 08:48 PM
Beginning Member

anyone? bump

Old 10-30-2010, 08:49 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Please wait at least a day for someone to respond. Thanks!

Old 10-30-2010, 11:09 PM
zerepdivad is on a distinguished road

Sounds like you're missing your switched 12v. What do you get when you meter the yellow switched 12v wire?

Old 10-31-2010, 10:31 AM
Beginning Member

My meter reads zero when touching the yellow wire with the ignition on. Im getting power into the unit but not through the switched yellow. What would be the cause of that?

Last edited by 3day; 10-31-2010 at 11:22 AM.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:36 PM

that would mean you don't have switched power. but you are getting voltage on the orange one?
that would indicate a blown fuse.

Old 10-31-2010, 02:13 PM
Beginning Member

I have power at the HU in the orange wire(constant) and I have power at the fuse block for both the orange and yellow wires on both sides of the fuses but nothing in the yellow switched wire at the back of the HU. Would this mean that its been cut by chance somewhere behind the dash? Im almost positive the PO had removed the dash for some reason. Would there be a fuseable link in that line by chance that I could check?

Old 10-31-2010, 05:50 PM
Beginning Member

Also, are the fuses for the radio only in the fuse block in the dash or are there some in the engine bay as well?

Old 10-31-2010, 06:01 PM

On this particular vehicle i'm uncertain if the fuses are only in cab. But i have seen fuses linked to the radio under the hood on many different cars. So you may as well check that out.

Old 10-31-2010, 08:17 PM

Did you actually go aheadn and splice in a new harness to your vehicle? If so make sure you didn't mix up the 2 yellows. the left rear negative speaker wire is also yellow.

Quick Reply: 99 stock cd player