Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

adding extra speakers?

Old 12-05-2010, 02:30 PM
Starting Member
travisrussell88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default adding extra speakers?

so, for my birthday my parents got me a new stereo for my '98 4 door and speakers (2 6.5"), now the '98 has good and fairly new 6.5" kenwoods that I don't wanna change so I wanna put the new 6.5" speakers in my '92 2 door, which has brand new 4x6s in the dash and 6x9s in the rear, so would kickpanels, doors, or something else be best?

Old 12-05-2010, 05:27 PM
Allwaysblazin is on a distinguished road

Doors work good for that. Just got to do some cutting. They will sound much better than those 4 x 6's. Get a component set with separate tweeters and just get rid of the 4x6's. 6 1/2 in the door tweet in the dash :} If you hook up two sets in the front, The head unit wont like it much (2 OHM).

Last edited by Allwaysblazin; 12-05-2010 at 05:30 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:38 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

well, if you did kick panels, you won't have to cut up the door card. its less expensive to replace the kicks than it is the door card. although you might run into problems with the clutch and a kick so its up to you really if you want to try either. i prefer the kick panel because you can aim the speaker a lot easier than you can with the doors

Old 01-20-2011, 08:19 PM
Beginning Member
GMJim3687 is on a distinguished road

I agree with MTopper.. Kicks are gonna be easier. and the cars ive been in with kickpannel speakers sound amazing..Prob gonna be the next addition to my system..

Old 01-20-2011, 10:57 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by MTopper
well, if you did kick panels, you won't have to cut up the door card. its less expensive to replace the kicks than it is the door card. although you might run into problems with the clutch and a kick so its up to you really if you want to try either. i prefer the kick panel because you can aim the speaker a lot easier than you can with the doors
Originally Posted by GMJim3687
I agree with MTopper.. Kicks are gonna be easier. and the cars ive been in with kickpannel speakers sound amazing..Prob gonna be the next addition to my system..
I agree kicks would sound better, but I wouldn't be able to get to my parking brake, and the clutch would be an issue, so doors is the better option

Old 01-21-2011, 01:05 AM
BF Veteran

i understand both. my brother has a 2004 gto and has kick panels. he has no e-brake to worry about but he does have a clutch. you can make kick panels that fire across the foot well, it won't sound as good but it will sound the same as the stock 2nd gen blazer.

i'm just trying to save you money if you're ever looking to resell the truck. either way, let us know how it turns out

Old 01-21-2011, 10:23 AM
Starting Member

i understand both. my brother has a 2004 gto and has kick panels. he has no e-brake to worry about but he does have a clutch. you can make kick panels that fire across the foot well, it won't sound as good but it will sound the same as the stock 2nd gen blazer.

i'm just trying to save you money if you're ever looking to resell the truck. either way, let us know how it turns out
Lol, seel it, it's got 223,xxx miles on it and looks like it, I'm not selling it, I'm running the 4.3L until it dies then dropping a v8 in it and enjoying it until it's scrap...meaning can't be rebuilt

Old 01-22-2011, 12:51 AM
BF Veteran

ok, i understand a hell of a lot better now. go for it. do some door pods that angle it up towards the roof though to get better output. you could do something like this. this is an 86 sonoma that didn't have door speakers to begin with

Old 01-22-2011, 01:36 AM
Starting Member

ok, i understand a hell of a lot better now. go for it. do some door pods that angle it up towards the roof though to get better output. you could do something like this. this is an 86 sonoma that didn't have door speakers to begin with

maybe just the one in each door, in the forward location, angled up a lil more

Old 01-22-2011, 04:43 PM
BF Veteran

i was just giving you an idea of what i've seen. good luck

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: adding extra speakers?