Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

After long last, my completed sound system!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 01:26 PM
Canadian88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default After long last, my completed sound system!

Well it's finally done. I installed my amp and sub this saturday and sunday and it's bumpin like crazy. I've been working on this system for such a long time and it feels really good to finally have it all completed. Here is the system...

Alpine S-type 6.5" door speakers
Alpine S-type 6X9" rear speakers
Alpine S-type 10" sub
Alpine MRP-M450 400watts at 2ohms amp
Alpine 9856 head unit with iPod interface
Rockford Fosgate wires to amp
The box is sealed and a little under the optimal 1 cubic foot.

I made the box myself and covered it with carpet. I also damplified the whole cargo area and I have some left over soI'm gonna do a little more when I get bored one day. I'm very surprized that there are no rattles inside the truck. There is one vibration somewhere around the hatch area that you can hear outside so I'll fix that up soon too. I can't believe how little you can hear outside when you can feel your head vibrate on the inside. I'll post some pictures of it later, it's a super clean install, everything is hidden! Thanks for all your help with figuring this stuff out guys!

Old 03-12-2007, 02:52 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default RE: After long last, my completed sound system!

sounds great Man. Post up some pics of everything!! Glad you are happy.!

Old 03-12-2007, 09:09 PM
Canadian88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Hillbilly, I haven't tunedthe gainthe way it should be yet...I can't find one of those tuning cds anywhere on the internet and I can't find that 50hz tone anywhere on the internet to make a cd myself. Any suggestions?

Also, I was reading around a little and can't really figure out exactly what the bass EQ and LP filter should be set at. On this particular amp the bass EQ is from 0-12 db and LP is 50-200. Right now it's 50% gain, 6 db bass and about 80hz. I don't have the sub turned up all the way on the head unit though,I want to keep it a little lower for the songs with not so much bass.

Pictures will be up tomorrow.

Old 03-13-2007, 10:49 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

go to realmofexcursion.com and on front page, there is a title bar, click on Downloads. the 50hz test tone is there. download it a few times and burn it as multiple tracks. Re-Read my sticky on setting your gain. The LPF should be around 80 or so, down to as low at 60. The rest of the settings will fall into place when you set the gain with the DMM.

Old 03-13-2007, 10:53 AM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute

Wicked! Can't wait to see the final outcome. Congrats on finishing it up.

Old 03-14-2007, 03:52 PM
nai0013 is an unknown quantity at this point

80hz should be fine in your box. I have a pretty nasty rattle in my gate also fortunetly I don't really care. That's what happens with two 13w7's

Old 03-14-2007, 03:55 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

you ever get those w7's metered?? are they all they are cracked up to be or just an overpriced sub?

Old 03-14-2007, 05:18 PM

I have been running one 13w7 off of a 2400 watt phoenix gold amp (1200rms) for about 6 months. I just bought the other one 3 weeks ago and just ran that off a 800rms amp I have sitting around. I haven't got them metered yet, I need a new box and one really strong amp which will require an optima yellow top and a high output alternator. If you want really loud you can get it cheaper then the 13w7 but if you want loud sound quality I feel its the best money on subs ive ever spent and Ive owned a lot of subs. JL is pricey but after buying new subs that needed to be returned all the time (my old rockford, cerwin vega's, mtx) it's kinda worth it. My brother has had one 12w7 for about 6-7 years in his car that he drives heavily every day and he's never had a prob with the amp JL 1000.1 or the sub.

Old 03-14-2007, 06:26 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

your running 2 different amps to them? are they strapped at least?

I would never let myself spend that much on a sub when i can have a better one for cheaper. just like sony, paying for the name.

Old 03-14-2007, 10:12 PM

It's very temp. Im just impatient and I needed to hear it. As far as the paying for the name I suppose theres some truth only because it means it is MADE IN AMERICAits a highly reliable and top of the line, last I checked you dont pay much for sony products and that is why they suck (strictly in thecar audio world). Furthermore you could say the same thing about my vehicle, I bought it for it's name and because it's a reliable AMERICAN vehicle. Maybe I should just buy a daewoo and throw some pyarmid subs because its more cost effective.

Quick Reply: After long last, my completed sound system!