Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Align Headlights? Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 01:19 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Align Headlights? Please Help

Removing the grill might make it easier.
It looks like there are 11 screws holding it in.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2910/1BD0B674587348C2B897A9E8D2913CDB.gif[/IMG]

Old 08-23-2006, 01:22 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Um... No... There are no screws holding the grill in. It just snaps in place. You must have the hood open to do so, but yeah, it just snaps in there. Be careful though, the wiring for the turn signals does not have long leads so you'll have to restrain your pulling motion to keep from breaking wires.

Old 08-23-2006, 02:41 AM
patterrr is an unknown quantity at this point

FINALLY!! I got them fixed. Removing the grill probably would have made it easier, but with enough wiggling and force, they finally popped in. After owning my Blazer for over a month, I can finally drive it at night! Thanks guys

Old 08-24-2006, 02:33 PM
lastcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you read my original post???? I specifically said REMOVE THE GRILLE.....lol Glad you got it fixed though.

Old 08-25-2006, 02:02 AM
patterrr is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, I saw that you said that, but I obviously wanted to take the laziest approach, and that means leaving the grill on

Old 10-23-2006, 01:47 PM
99ChevyBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Should be two slots in the core support for the two tabs on the back of the light to slide down into.

A good sign to see if the lights are not in the slots is the gap between the top lights and the hood. If the gap is really small, then you probably do not have the lights in the slots.

Hello everyone and I just want to say that I am glad I found this information here. It was great help and I hope to be able to get more help by posting to this forum.

Old 02-20-2007, 05:45 PM
caballote is an unknown quantity at this point

I want to sayTHANK YOUVERY VERY MUCH for having this issue on the forums. My headlights have been too high for TOO LONG. And with this I was able to figure it out and do it in 30 minutes. I'm not car savvy (technically) however this was simple to follow! Many thanks, and I hope to be able to share and/or discuss more about one of the best vehicles ever

Thanks

Old 02-20-2007, 06:39 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on the successful repair! Glad we could help!

Old 02-20-2007, 07:16 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Just for fun, I took my headlight off the other day while changing my bowtie (with the grill still on) and found, if you mount the light so the part the retaining clips attatch to are through the support, then making sure to keep them in alignment, pull them out slightly while pushing on the bottom of the headlight, will get those bottom clips to slide right in, there should be some resistance on the retaining clips when you push them back on. (with the headlights NOT in properly, there's practically no resistance on the retaining clips.)

Old 04-08-2009, 03:09 PM
lombard is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh fer gawds sake. I was wondering why my headlights looked all out of whack and my hood hit the passenger side light whenever I closed it. Popped off the grill today, and lo and behold, my headlights' lower brackets weren't in their captive slots. DOH!

I never really drive it at night since it's used primarily for towing my boat. Good thing I guess.

Quick Reply: Align Headlights? Please Help