Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

almost finished...

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 09:42 PM
BF Veteran
XBlazer01 has a spectacular aura aboutXBlazer01 has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: almost finished...

i cant find a production year anywhere

But I was reading the specs and thats def a quality amp there.

Old 01-22-2008, 12:38 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

its not mounted to anything... im trying to figure out a way to bolt it down so people cant run off with it.

You should definitely look into doing that. Just last Friday night my roomates Grand Cherokee was broken into. The guy busted out his front window, unlocked the doors, got in the back, and stole his kicker L7 with the amp on the box. All while we were upstairs. And we live right by campus, not even in a crime-y area!

edit...how do I make it show the user name I quoted in the quote box?

Old 01-22-2008, 12:45 AM
dart is an unknown quantity at this point

looks like a really clean build, 3/4's mdf right?
and anything sounds better than dual's...

Old 01-22-2008, 10:57 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

ORIGINAL: dart

looks like a really clean build, 3/4's mdf right?
and anything sounds better than dual's...
actually, i made the fatal mistake of using 5/8" particle board. stupid guy at lowes told me they dont carry MDF so i settled for particle board... turns out, PB is insufficient for woofer enclosures.

ORIGINAL: WolfPack

its not mounted to anything... im trying to figure out a way to bolt it down so people cant run off with it.

You should definitely look into doing that. Just last Friday night my roomates Grand Cherokee was broken into. The guy busted out his front window, unlocked the doors, got in the back, and stole his kicker L7 with the amp on the box. All while we were upstairs. And we live right by campus, not even in a crime-y area!

at the top of a post, where the edit button is, there is also a button that says "quote" if you click that, it will create a reply box that already has the quote tags in it. also you can write "ORIGINAL: quotee's username..." after the firstquote tag

Old 01-22-2008, 11:56 AM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: WolfPack

Id be more worried about the missile waiting to happen than the stuff getting stolen. Id prefer my gear to get stolen over me getting into an accident and all of my gear decapitating me. bolt that stuff down quick!

Old 01-22-2008, 12:01 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

what would be the best way to bolt it down? i was thinking some sort of bracket that bolts through to the frame but i dont want it to be permenantly attached. i was also thinking of some sort of steel cable so you can move the box around a little.

Old 01-22-2008, 12:35 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

What about an L bracket attached to the box, with a large sized wing nut holding it to the body. Maybe mount on the back side so it can only be accessed with the rear seat folded down. That would probably be tricky enough for a theif not to get it, while still holding it down!

Old 01-22-2008, 01:18 PM
BF Veteran

all the bolts to hold everything down use an allen wrench to unscrew. i used different sized heads for the amps, woofer and grill. that way you need 4 different wrenches to unbolt everything. also, all the bolts are about 3" long and fine-threaded, it takes quite a few turns to get it out. i figure that should prevent any wrong-doers from stealing individual pieces but they could still grab the whole box and run. the L-bracket is a pretty good idea, if i can find a bolt with a smooth head on it, i could screw the nut down on the inside. that way, the woofer would need to come out before you can get the box out... if that makes any sense

Old 01-22-2008, 05:25 PM
BF Veteran

If youre not gunna move it much, I'd say thats pretty solid idea. I like the different sized tool requirement, very nice anti-theft feature.

Old 01-22-2008, 06:23 PM
willjones is an unknown quantity at this point

I need to find a way to better hold my sub down. Right now I have a rachet strap holding it between my two cargo hooks. I need to be able to pull it in and out when needed for my baby stuff.