Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

which amp?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 03:47 PM
Steve-o will become famous soon enough
Old 10-14-2013, 07:52 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

if cadence amps are anything like their door speakers they suck lol. What is your budget and what are you looking for power wise so we can suggest a decent amp in your price range

Old 10-14-2013, 08:50 PM
altoncustomtech will become famous soon enough

I don't have any problems with MTX amps at all but Cadence amps are that inexpensive for a good reason. For only a little more money I would highly suggest looking into the PPI (Precision Power Inc.) Black Ice series amps. They've got to be some of the best low budget amps I've had the pleasure of playing with in recent years. I helped a local kid find and install a used BK1300 for his 15" SSA ICON and it's a super clean sounding amp for no more than they cost. If I had to make as educated a guess as I can I would say they do right at rated power and most importantly they do it cleanly. My sister's Cadence F100-5 is a decent amp but damn is it a high distortion amp and worse than the Hifonics amps I ran in the van for a short period of time. I've been searching for a suitable replacement for it for awhile now with no luck as yet for one within budget. I can say I would trust Kicker amps long before I would the likes of Hifonics, Cadence or even the PPI's, at least from past experience as I've not had the opportunity to play with any for quite a number of years. The PPI's are damn good for the money from the two I've played with this summer, the BK Soundqubed (Audioque) makes some pretty solid amps as well for a decent price, though they do seem to be out of your budget but not by much. Another consideration would be looking at the refurbished Sundown amps from dBr.com. They're repaired to as good or better than new and carry a warranty and a great way to get a Sundown quality amp without paying new prices and still get a solid warranty to accompany it.

If I absolutely HAD to pick one of the Cadence's it would be the CSA.

Last edited by altoncustomtech; 10-14-2013 at 08:52 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:03 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by altoncustomtech
I don't have any problems with MTX amps at all but Cadence amps are that inexpensive for a good reason. For only a little more money I would highly suggest looking into the PPI (Precision Power Inc.) Black Ice series amps. They've got to be some of the best low budget amps I've had the pleasure of playing with in recent years. I helped a local kid find and install a used BK1300 for his 15" SSA ICON and it's a super clean sounding amp for no more than they cost. If I had to make as educated a guess as I can I would say they do right at rated power and most importantly they do it cleanly. My sister's Cadence F100-5 is a decent amp but damn is it a high distortion amp and worse than the Hifonics amps I ran in the van for a short period of time. I've been searching for a suitable replacement for it for awhile now with no luck as yet for one within budget. I can say I would trust Kicker amps long before I would the likes of Hifonics, Cadence or even the PPI's, at least from past experience as I've not had the opportunity to play with any for quite a number of years. The PPI's are damn good for the money from the two I've played with this summer, the BK Soundqubed (Audioque) makes some pretty solid amps as well for a decent price, though they do seem to be out of your budget but not by much. Another consideration would be looking at the refurbished Sundown amps from dBr.com. They're repaired to as good or better than new and carry a warranty and a great way to get a Sundown quality amp without paying new prices and still get a solid warranty to accompany it.

If I absolutely HAD to pick one of the Cadence's it would be the CSA.
I will disagree with the hifonics part here. I have had my hfi-1000.1d for a little over a year now and have not had one problem with it, it pushes the Alpine really well, I think its a great budget amp, better than the others listed...
Dont get me wrong, if I had more money to spend, I would get a better brand, but the hifonics is not a bad amp, at all.

Old 10-15-2013, 06:53 AM
altoncustomtech will become famous soon enough

Okay, I typed out this big long explanation but it was just simply WAY too long. I'm going to try to summarize rather than post that short novel. I verified my Hifonics amps had issues with distorting the signal with an oscilloscope. I had the older 06 series ZXi and BXi amps and the designs could have been improved since then. Either way I'm not bashing the brand only sharing my opinion and information and I would choose Hifonics all day long over Cadence from my experiences. My opinion about picking Kicker over Hifonics, Cadence and even PPI would be echoed by many others though, I'm sure of it.

Like I said, not bashing at all, only trying to explain my reasoning behind my recommendation. You're right, they're not a bad budget brand. Understand that I can't in good faith recommend them due to that experience over another brand and series of amp that I've played with and tested and didn't find that issue with.

Damn, still longer than I had intended.

Old 10-15-2013, 08:11 AM

alton you should know by now you have to much experience to not right a a few paragraphs. <- lulz iv always hear PPI was crap too so iv never looked into there stuff TBH. i personly have noting positive to say about new kicker.( its sold at walmart for a reason) (and yes ik it just there entry stuff thats sold there) as for what im looking for. a AMp that is 600RMS at 2 ohms but is 1ohm stable (for future stuff) only reason im going with 10s atm is becasue i have a box laying around for 10s and it fits perfectly in the back of my grand prix, eventuly upgrade to 1 15. another reason im getting 10 is if i go to sell then i can actuly sell the box because around here its next to impossable to sale a box by itself. and i just want to play with 10s for a little.

Old 10-15-2013, 07:15 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

If you can afford the little bit of extra coin this is an excellent choice for an amp
SAZ-1200D Refurbished [SAZ-1200D-R] - $246.49 : dB-r Electronics, Online Store

Old 10-15-2013, 08:55 PM
Old 10-15-2013, 09:26 PM
BF Veteran

I still say the one I posted is the best bang for your buck

Old 10-15-2013, 09:46 PM

looking at what he has i think the saz-1000d would be better for me but he only has 1 left so come pay day if he still has it i may pick it up. but wont have money for subs till the next pay day

Quick Reply: which amp?