Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Amp Location

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 09:52 PM
Beginning Member
ocblaze is on a distinguished road
Smile Amp Location

I will be installing my system soon, and i wandering where everyone is installing their amps and how they are installing them? Please post pics if you have them.

Old 12-21-2009, 10:25 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

i had planned to put mine in my center console with 2 cooling fans from a server. then i stalled out on the project. since then i got a 500/1 and 30/1 JL amp, so i will lame out and just mount them to my box like a chump.

hope that helps

Old 12-21-2009, 11:14 PM
Starting Member
DSMayo is on a distinguished road

I mounted my subwoofer amp on the flap behind the rear seats. I think most people have them mounted there or on the box. When I build my new box I'm going to mount my amp to it. I dont like having my amp buried when I'm hauling stuff with the sub out...

Old 12-21-2009, 11:25 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

I have one on each flap, but as with DSMayo, I don't really like it. I don't know who it is off the top of my head, but they built a "fake" floor a few inches higher than the real one and put them under it with the box on top. Gives a nice clean look.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:30 PM
BF Veteran

if i could do it all over again, i would replace my bench rear seat with a pair of buckets matching the fronts. I'd mount the amps in the newly opened center area and rock your socks off. that's just me though

Old 12-21-2009, 11:36 PM
Beginning Member
ocblaze is on a distinguished road

I was maybe thinking about something that would "stack" the amps at an angle on the passenger side. I would build a cover for it and probably add some fans. But that way when i haul a bunch of camping stuff nothing is being smashed and its out of the way.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:42 PM

Yea that would work! Takes up a bit of space tho (if its like the image in my head). But I guess you could fab something up so it looks the same as the jack cover on the d-side.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:47 PM
BF Veteran

you could also make a wedge with a vary slight angle out of some mdf and carpet it to match your blazer/sub box. the wedge would taper from it's tallest point (top of seat backs) to nothing (base of rear seat) this would protect your amps mounted to the pivoting flaps. make it so it clips in place around the head rest supports on the back seat and hinge it to the floor. with it blocked in at the top, and with some light bracing (think 2 cross bars making triangle at each top corner) it would be pretty damn strong. you will be strapping down you sub anyway, so what it 4-8 more holes for a hinge? think of it like a large helmet for your amp(s)

Old 12-22-2009, 10:03 AM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

Heres where I mounted mine. Made a rack that I attached to the plastic flaps on the the rear seat

Old 12-22-2009, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Unlimitedsp
Heres where I mounted mine. Made a rack that I attached to the plastic flaps on the the rear seat

That looks really good. Nice and clean!

Quick Reply: Amp Location