Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Video Electronics (https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-8/)
-   -   amp question (https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-8/amp-question-1960/)

m00nwater 01-06-2006 11:50 AM

RE: amp question

ORIGINAL: 2001blazer

ok thanks for the info moonwater it was helpfull
No problem. I hope you find what you're looking for. It should even tell you store availability so that if it actually IS in stock at a particular store it will show you. I'd call before I bank on that though, because it takeas about 24hrs to have that actually updated right for store availabilty. Otherwise, just order it off the site and I think they have next day delivery.

ORIGINAL: FatRyan
yeah, word, dogg. you dont need to buy at your local BB, just buy online. m00nwater is teh **** too. sorry,im really drunk...but m00nwater is still teh ****! WOOT!!!
I love drunk Fat Ryans...:D

FatRyan 01-07-2006 05:51 AM

ORIGINAL: m00nwater

ok thanks for the info moonwater it was helpfull
No problem. I hope you find what you're looking for. It should even tell you store availability so that if it actually IS in stock at a particular store it will show you. I'd call before I bank on that though, because it takeas about 24hrs to have that actually updated right for store availabilty. Otherwise, just order it off the site and I think they have next day delivery.

ORIGINAL: FatRyan
yeah, word, dogg. you dont need to buy at your local BB, just buy online. m00nwater is teh **** too. sorry,im really drunk...but m00nwater is still teh ****! WOOT!!!
I love drunk Fat Ryans...:D

word dogg. yes...i am drunk again...extremely drunk this time though. word is born, ima smokem. uuuuuhhhhhhhh. i picked up this chic tonight at the bar, she was my ex bosses cousin. she was cute. it was awesome. yeeeeeeeeeah, uuuuuhhhhhhh. dont make me do stuuuuff. lets drink till we cant feel feelings anymore. best buy sucks! woot!!!

2001blazer 01-07-2006 03:11 PM

so let me get this straight if i have a 4 ohm dual voice coil sub i should be looking at the 2 ohm stats of the amp...or am i wrong...............cuz i just heard a dvc 4 ohm sub gets wired like its 8 ohms (confused)

FatRyan 01-07-2006 05:25 PM

so let me get this straight if i have a 4 ohm dual voice coil sub i should be looking at the 2 ohm stats of the amp...or am i wrong...............cuz i just heard a dvc 4 ohm sub gets wired like its 8 ohms (confused)
aw man im an idiot. sorry i was really drunk last night. lol

anyways, yes, if you have a 4 ohm DVC sub, you need an amp that puts out that 500w at 2ohms. with a 4ohm DVC sub, each voice coil has a 4 ohm load. and your options for wireing the coils are either series (8 ohm load) or parrallel (2 ohm load). and an 8ohm load is generally too high do achieve the desired power output from your amplifier. you could also, have each coil wired to a channel (on a 2 channel amp), but mono block amplifiers are best suited for subwoofers. also, if you did have a 2 channel amp and it had gain settings for each channel, you could not hook it up, because in order to not destroy the driver, the gains would need to be exactly matched and thats virtually impossible to do. so find yourself a nice mono block amp that does 400-600w continuous at 2 ohm. good luck

2001blazer 01-07-2006 08:22 PM

ok thanks fatryan u have been so much help i am really thankfull so that alpine amp would actually be perfect for my sub... the one that u showed me through the link....by the way im going to wire my sub parallel

FatRyan 01-08-2006 03:11 AM

no problem, man. anytime you need help, just message me or IM me (Sweetass98Blazer), and ill do my best.

85FSBSilverado 01-20-2006 09:10 AM

Otherwise sell your gift certificates for a little less, if you can. That way you can buy from anywhere you want. Just make sure you can sell them all for a decent price.

djbass_mekanik 02-09-2006 04:10 AM

if u cant trade the gisft cards for cash, then go with the alpine mono amp.. im not sure on the model number (somethin-350) its rated @ 350 rms @ 2 ohms.. its more than enugh to push 1 type r.. my cusin was pushin 2 12s 500 watts total RMS.. amp pushed them with ease..